Use USB 3.0 with Elroy Carrier TX2

New to working with the TX2 here, working to get it integrated with the Elroy carrier from ConnectTech. I need USB 3.0 to function so I can use a ZEDcamera for SLAM and Computer Vision on my company’s drone platform. I have the BSP installed when I flashed the board with JetPack 3.1 and r28.1. Everything seems to be working fine except the USB 3.0. I am aware that Elroy rev. E cannot support PCIe and USB3 simultaneously, so I chose the elroy-usb3 option when I flashed the board also, so it should be working. When I use lsusb -t, I get:

/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-tegra/3p, 5000M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-tegra/4p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 7, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 7, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 7, If 2, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 2: Dev 9, If 0, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
    |__ Port 2: Dev 9, If 1, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M

Where the human interface device is my mouse and keyboard combo, and the Video classes are my ZED camera, but no matter the port that I use, the camera only shows in the USB 2.0 Bus. I have also tried only using the ZED camera and SSHing into the TX2 with my PC. The ZED still only shows under the 480M USB 2.0 port. One last bit of information, when I plug into the default NVidia board that came with the TX2, the ZED shows up in the USB 3.0 and works properly.

Does anyone have any idea on how to enable or to use if it is already enabled, the USB 3.0 on the Elroy board?

Hi, have you contacted ConnectTech Support about it yet to get the correct device tree configuration?

An additional note: Since the root_hub of the lsusb tree view is 480M, nothing can be faster than this for attached devices. You’d have to connect to the other USB connector. Device tree would have to be changed to make the other connector work as 5000M (this is why contacting ConnectTech support was mentioned), but if you move the camera to the other connector, and that connector is 5000M while the camera itself drops back to 480M, then this is a different situation and probably implies loss of signal quality. With the root_hub of 5000M in the tree view, does the camera drop back to 480M?

I am in contact with ConnectTech, yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving, so they were out of the office and I was hoping someone here had had the same problem before. They are trying to recreate the problem and come up with a solution fr me today. linuxdev, I have connected the ZED to all of the ports available and the camera doesn’t show under the root_hub of 5000M in either case. It always shows under the 480M.

Was a resolution ever found for this? I’m having the exact same issue with an Elroy Rev G.

@ConnectTechInc

Hi there,

If you fill out our technical support form, our support team will get back to you.