Using external trigger signal for GMSL camera in Drive PX2 unit

Hi,

I would like to use an external trigger pulse generated by a third-party hardware to trigger the GMSL camera (Sekonix AR0231) provided with Drive PX2 AutoChauffeur unit. Is there a way to send this signal to the Drive PX2 unit and in turn use it to trigger the GMSL camera?

Thanks,
Keerthi

Dear keerthi,

Can I know you are using IPP(NVIDIA® Image Processing Pipeline (IPP))?

Hi Steve,

I haven’t yet tried that. I am just running some sample examples that came with Drive PX2. Also, trying to get ROS gmsl driver working to get reliable camera stream.

However, we need to get the camera triggered by an external signal generated outside DPX2. Hence this question.

Hi Steve,

We think that we might not need external trigger signal.

Can I atleast make the Drive PX2 send the trigger signals (generated internally) to one AR0231 camera at 20Hz (In other words, run the camera at 20 FPS) and somehow get the timestamp of when the camera was triggered for each frame, through an API?

If I can, how accurate can be the timestamp?

Thanks,
Keerthi

I was able to access the image capture time using “timestamp_us” field in “dwImageNvMedia” structure and this seems to be accurate enough for our application. At 30 FPS, we are seeing -45 to +40 microseconds of error in expected capture time of 33.33334 milliseconds. This seems good enough for us.

Next thing I am yet to figure out is, how to set the frame rate to 20 FPS. Any help would be appreciated.

Dear keerthi,

Could you please refer to below link for you topic? Thanks.
file:///usr/local/driveworks/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_recording_library.html

For certain kinds of camera, e.g., ar0231-rccb, the camera framerate can be controlled by the required-framerate option. Valid values for now are 20, 30, and 36. Thanks.

Hi Steve,

I already got it working few days back by referring to “camera_gmsl_custom” sample example. Thanks.

I am study the trigger and frame rate control, could you please share some information of “camera_gmsl_custom”

Hi,

When I run the dw sample (lane detection and drivenet) with the sf3324 camera, I want to run it by lowering the frame rate of the camera to 20 Hz. (When I ran sample_camera_gmsl, I confirmed that my camera’s fps is 30.)
And unfortunately there is no dwx_recording_library.html in my directory.

Referencing Setting camera frame rate, I could check the properties of the camera, but I couldn’t find any function to set the framerate.

Is there a way to run dw sample after setting the frame rate of sf3324 to 20hz?