Using gstcameraundistort in Gstreamer pipeline

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to incorporate a ‘gstcameraundistort’ within my pipeline, it’s one of the plugins that are part of gst-plugins-bad:

I thought I had installed gst-plugins-bad, when I run

apt list --installed | grep bad

I get

gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad/bionic-updates,now 1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1 arm64 [installed]
libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-0/bionic-updates,now 1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1 arm64 [installed,automatic]

But if I try to inspect gstcameraundistort using gst-inspect I get the messages:

No such element or plugin ‘cameraundistort’
No such element or plugin ‘gstcameraundistort’

Needless to say, any attempt to run the following command fails:

data.undistort = gst_element_factory_make(“cameraundistort”, “undistort”);

Would love some help.

Hi,
Please go to http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/
It is native gstreamer plugin. Users in gstreamer forum should have experience in using it and can give appropriate guidance.

Thank you, I’ll try there.

Did you figure it out? I just built the gstopencv plugin on my TX2 from the latest git master branch (modified meson.build files, etc). Trying to figure out how to feed the intrinsic to the cameraundistort plugin’s “settings” property…

Sorry, never got it to work…

These plugins came with gstreamer-1.15.1, but gstreamer version in R32.2 is 1.14.5 only.
You may try to build a more recent gstreamer version from source.

Did you manage to find out how to do this? It’s crazy that there is no official nvidia support for undistort.

Unfortunately I did not figure this out. In the end we wrote our own undistortion gstreamer component utilizing the GPU.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.