Using jetson-io.py doesn't change camera driver from IMX219 to IMX477

I’m using an Xavier NX on the development board, and have been trying to get two IMX477 cameras from Arducam working.

Since IMX477 should be natively supported since Jetpack 4.6, I used the jetson-io.py script to set the CSI connectors to “Dual IMX477” and rebooted, as described here.

However, launching a preview with gst-launch-1.0 results in an error stating “no camera devices found”.

To check if the driver is installed/enabled, I ran command:

dmesg | grep -E “imx477|imx219|arducam”

Which gave me errors messages for the IMX219. There are no video0, video1 devices under /dev/.

I have tried on Jetpack 4.6, 4.6.1, and 4.6.2. I’ve also tried with and without the cameras connected, as well as with 1 or 2 cameras connected. Cameras are connected correctly, with pins facing the heatsink. I used the SD card image to flash the Xavier NX, it’s booting off a 32 GB MicroSD, with no SSD connected.

Any help would be appreciated!

Please consult with Arducam. Looks like native imx477 driver unable working for Arducam’s IMX477 module.

Thanks

Hello,

The dmesg | grep -E “imx477|imx219|arducam” and Which gave me errors messages for the IMX219 imply that you haven’t changed to IMX477 successfully.
Maybe you should provide the full dmesg information so that we can diagnose the problems quickly.
Best regards,
Arducam

Hi,

I have the full dmesg information here: https://pastebin.com/Q703gH5m