Using multiple context in a custom DeepStream Plugin

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson Xavier AGX
• DeepStream Version 6.0
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 10.2

Hi , I’m building a custom Plugin in which i do a rectification of a camera pair (stereo camera) and creating a depth map.
My goal is to separate the two processes (rectification and depth map) so that the downstream is independent of the creation of the depth map.

My main question is, are the streams on which the processing is done dependent on each other even if multiple contexts are used?
Or can they be used in a parallel fashion?

Suppose context should be run in a parallel fashion. Can you share more of your design? Why need rectification in the pipeline? Can rectification in one separate process?

Untitled Diagram.drawio(1).pdf (23.4 KB)
My actual design is a lot more complex but I think it’s easier to understand with this image i draw.
What i need to know is, if the custom plugins (purple) which use streams are independent?
Are streams which are provided by VPI like a pipeline? or should in this example my custom rectify plugin not be delayed because of the depth map plugin which takes much longer to calculate?

Suppose the low speed plugin will slow the pipeline. So all plugin will slow.

ok, thats what i experienced.
Thanks for your time

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.