Using nvmipp_file to reprocess .raw image

Hello,

I was trying to reprocess using nvmipp_file , the output is .yuv. when I use convert command to convert the image to .png . the image is too dark.

command used : ./nvmipp_file -cf -c --bayrer-format GRGB --nvbracketae -i -o < output file name>

then command used to process .yuv

convert -size 1920x1236 -sampling-factor 4:2:0 -depth 8 raw-example.yuv -colorspace RGB out.png

the output image is very dark .?

1. does the nvmipp-file use hardware isp to reprocess raw or it isues hardware isp.
  2. if it uses hardware isp why images saved are so dark

thanks
xmnav

continuing the above post the output which I see seems don’t have tone mapping applied to it.
can you please let me know on this.

thanks
xmnav

Dear xmnav,

We are checking on this topic.
We will update it as soon as it is confirmed.

Dear xmnav,

Sorry for late update, Xavier doesn’t support nvmipp_file so please use nvmipp_raw, nvmimg_cap,
nvmimg_cc instead of nvmipp_file. Thanks.

Steve,

can you please let me know which of the command can process .raw file through hardware isp not software isp.

while I was checking nvmimg_cc -h this command does not save or reprocess .raw file
nvmipp_raw -h this command does not reprocess raw.
nvmimg_cap -h this command also does not reprocess.

Can you help here.

I am looking to reprocess raw through hardware isp.

thanks
xmnav

Dear xmnav,

For HW ISP – Could you please refer to Image Signal Processing (ISP) and Capture parts in DriveSoftware doc?

It will be “nvmipp_raw” that will exercise HW ISP for raw capture input data. Thanks.

does nvmipp_raw reprocess the data i dont see this in the documentation?

https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/active/5.0.10.3L/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/NVIDIA%2520DRIVE%2520Linux%2520SDK%2520Development%2520Guide%2FNvMedia%2520Sample%2520Apps%2Fnvmedia_nvmipp_raw.html%23

hello,

I need to reprocess .raw through hardware isp on Xavier . at present i am unable to do it.

can you help

thanks
xmnav

Dear xmnav,

Could you please refer to the following link for you topic?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/nvdocs/drive/5_1/linux/DRIVE_Linux_AGX_PDK_Development_Guide/NvMedia/nvmedia_nvmipp_raw/#wwpID0EIHA

Hello Steve,

thanks for pointing the documents to me,

I have been going through these documents for a while, but these documents don’t show me how do I re-process .raw through nvmipp_raw

I can capture raw and jpg using nvmipp_raw but I am not able to " reprocess" captured raws.
if nvmipp_raw is capable of reprocessing can you please provide the command.

thanks
xmnav

Is there any udpate we are stuck with this we cannot reprocess raws using any of the above commands you mentioned .

Steve can you point out the command

xmnav

Dear xmnav,

Unfortunately, nvmipp_raw, nvmimg_cap, nvmimg_cc don’t support --reprocess option. Thanks.

Can you please provide the command to reprocess raw images through xavier .nvmippfile does work but the output is dark as the ouput is not tone mapped.

can you please check with the team or tuning team . they would be using the reprocessing option.

thanks
xmnav