Using Servokit NameError name 'b' is not defined

After loading Servokit from adafruit_servokit running these few lines

kit=ServoKit(channels=16)
tilt=125
pan=0
kit.servo[0].angle=pan
kit.servo[1].angle=tilt

I get this NameError

“/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/adafruit_bus_device/i2c_device.py”, line 172, in __probe_for_device
self.i2c.writeto(self.device_address, b)
NameError: name ‘b’ is not defined

preceeded by errors in line 98, 137,68. The same NameError also often shows up in line 59.

Anyone knows why?

Hello, and welcome to the NVIDIA Developer forums.

You have posted in the community info forum. Unfortunately, there is no technical support provided here.
Please let me know the NVIDIA product/service are you working with and I will move this post to the proper forum.

Thanks,
Tom

Perfect, that is all I needed to know. Moving this to the Jetson Xavier NX forum.

Cheers,
Tom

Since all the error messages I got related to i2c I did install the python-smbus as well as the i2c-tools, hoping that this would eliminate the following errors
File “/home/guido/Desktop/pypro/.vscode/OpenCV/opencv-7 Servos.py”, line 4, in
kit=ServoKit(channels=16)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/adafruit_servokit.py”, line 98, in init
i2c, address=address, reference_clock_speed=reference_clock_speed
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/adafruit_pca9685.py”, line 137, in init
self.i2c_device = i2c_device.I2CDevice(i2c_bus, address)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/adafruit_bus_device/i2c_device.py”, line 68, in init
self.__probe_for_device()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/adafruit_bus_device/i2c_device.py”, line 172, in __probe_for_device
self.i2c.writeto(self.device_address, b)
NameError: name ‘b’ is not defined

However this did not solve the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get these servos to work without these errors?

The problem disappeared when entering
sudo pip3 install adafruit-circuitpython-PCA9685