V4l2-ctl finds and "streams" video from proprietary camera. argus_camera doesn't find proprietary camera

Hi,
We have a camera based on the ov10640.
I’m using the d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0. I’ve followed everything in the release notes.
The v4l2-ctl “shows” streaming - but the argus_camera utility doesn’t show that the camera exists.

dev@ubuntu:~$ v4l2-ctl --stream-mmap -d 0
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 30.39 fps
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<^C
dev@ubuntu:~$ v4l2-ctl --stream-mmap -d 0
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 28.70 fps
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 29.50 fps
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 29.80 fps
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 29.92 fps
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 30.00 fps
dev@ubuntu:~$ v4l2-ctl -D -d 0
Driver Info (not using libv4l2):
Driver name : tegra-video
Card type : vi-output, sc9732cam 2-0063
Bus info : platform:15c10000.vi:0
Driver version: 4.9.253
Capabilities : 0x84200001
Video Capture
Streaming
Extended Pix Format
Device Capabilities
Device Caps : 0x04200001
Video Capture
Streaming
Extended Pix Format

I’m not sure what to do about the isp file.
I put a sc9732cam.isp file (based on the ov10640.isp) into /var/nvidia/nvcam/settings on the AGX, but when I reboot, there are no d3_X_sc9732cam.isp links to the file.

I also placed the sc9732cam.isp file into /d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0/d3-jetson-util/target-overlay/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/sc9732cam.isp and rebuilt the d3 dtb and image. Still no difference.

I even manually linked d3_3_sc9732cam.isp to point to sc9732cam.isp and rebooted - but still the argus_camera utility doesn’t find the camera.

Please help so that we can start seeing video with our proprietary device.
Thanks,
Mechi

Hi,
For clarification, do you use D3’s OV10640? Or you use your own OV10640? The package d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0 shall enable Xavier + D3’s OV10640 and it should work well.

We use the D3’s OV10640 cameras and see video with the argus_camera application. We used the drivers of the ov10640 to build the drivers for our camera.

CONFIDENTIALITY: The content of this email message and any files transmitted with it is confidential and/or privileged and is intended for the recipient(s) specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.

hello mechi.fendel,

do you have logs for reference? did the error report no camera available?
please also share device tree sources of tegra-camera-platform{} fields for checking.

Hello Jerry,
Thanks very much for answering.
A very improbable solution was all that was needed.
I erased from the Makefiles all of the compilations for the different D3 and Nvidia products that we don’t have.
The kernel Image is much smaller and video started streaming.

This may be a good first step for anyone experiencing similar problems.
Thanks again,
Mechi

CONFIDENTIALITY: The content of this email message and any files transmitted with it is confidential and/or privileged and is intended for the recipient(s) specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.