Validation metrics per class

Hello,
I am trying to retrieve the validation metrics per class as outlined
at https://docs.nvidia.com/clara/tlt-mi/clara-train-sdk-v3.1/nvmidl/clara_faq.html#how-can-i-show-train-validation-dice-per-label-on-tensorboard
I can see in my run that the training metrics get printed. The problem happens in validation. I have exactly used the code and modified it to include the extra classes i have. JSON file is correct. The error i get is (after removing leading paths o the json file):
Config error in config_train_64C_ce_unet.json: Error parsing config_train_64C_ce_unet.json in JSON element validate.metrics.#1: Cannot find component class “MetricAverageFromArrayDice”
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
I am using nvcr.io/nvidia/clara-train-sdk:v3.1.01
Any help appreciated.
thanks

Hi
This FAQ was from an old version V1 so as in https://docs.nvidia.com/clara/tlt-mi/clara-train-sdk-v3.1/nvmidl/appendix/mapping_of_old_to_new.html?highlight=metricaveragefromarraydice
you should simply change the MetricAverageFromArrayDice to ComputeAverageDice

Also this FAQ was focusing on showing each dice per label so you realistically don’t need the section of

{
        "name": "MetricAverageFromArrayDice",
        "args": {
            "name": "mean_dice",
            "applied_key": "model"
        }
        }

you simply has all info you need and the average dice of all labels is the first one

{"name": "MetricAverage", "args": {"name": "val_dice", "field": "dice"}},

Hi,
i am sorry to bring this again. i have couple of remarks.

1. This means that the documentation needs to be updated for the MetricAverageFromArrayDice as you suggested above.
  2. As you suggested, i removed it and replaced it. Sadly, now i am getting an error, "in JSON element validate.metrics.#1: Cannot find component class “MetricAverage”.
    Can you please help by providing a working example? It looks like documentation is somewhat broken or i am not able to comprehend it.
    Best regards,
    Krishnan

Hi
I am not sure why you do get an error but this config should work for you clara-train-examples/trn_base.json at master · NVIDIA/clara-train-examples · GitHub

You can then change the aux part to

"aux_ops": [
      {
        "name": "DiceMaskedOutput",
        "args": {
          "is_onehot_targets": false,
          "skip_background": false,
          "is_independent_predictions": true,
          "tags": ["dice_all", "d00", "d01"]
        },
       "do_summary": true,
       "do_print": false
      }
    ],

then have the metric as

"validate": {
    "metrics": [
      {"name": "ComputeAverage", "args": {"is_key_metric": true,"name": "mean_dice_all", "field": "dice_all"}},
      {"name": "ComputeAverage", "args": {"name": "val_d00", "field": "d00"}},
      {"name": "ComputeAverage", "args": {"name": "val_d01", "field": "d01"}}

Hi,
Thanks. This worked. I am really not sure because earlier also i was using the same instructions. might be some goofup from my side though i cant figure out what.
thanks you,
krishnan