VBIOS version on GTX 1080 and DP 1.4 support

Hi,

I have a 1080 FE from the year 2016 with VBIOS 86.04.17.00.01 - do I need to update the vbios in order to fully utilize a DP1.4 DISPLAY without problems? Is the DP1.3/1.4 support tied to the vbios version or not?

Or is there a different versioning scheme that I could follow in order to know whether my GPU is ready for DP1.3/1.4?

In case a flash would be needed - I only found a windows tool to update the VBIOS (NVIDIA Graphics Firmware Update Tool for DisplayPort 1.3 and 1.4 Displays) - and it does not even work with Win10PE (I suppose it needs the nvidia driver installed?) - is there a way to get a NVFlash image to use on linux or am I out of luck?

I’ve been trying to figure this out myself. The specifications from Nvidia say that it supports DP 1.4, however it also seems that early production GTX 1080’s may not have had this support and thus that updater is for those cards.

Welp, I have issues with DP on my 1080TI (vbios v86.02.39.00.a2) and I’m running linux only, what am I supposed to do Nvidia ? :|
Did you find a solution @volca ?