We have a project were we need a DSI signal VESA DSC encoded with 4096x2160 at 60Hz.
Does that work with the X1? Are the project in the field where this is used. Is there something special necessary to use the DSC encoding? Are there drivers available for DSI Ganged mode and DSI use?
I found in the document “Tegra_X1_TRM_DP07225001_v1.2p.pdf” The following:
24.1.1 Output Capabilities
• 1 or 2 internal panels
- MIPI-DSI on two 4-lane DSI channels, operating either independently for one or two panels, or ganged together as
2x4 for a single panel
• Maximum panel size of 3840 x 1920 @ 60 Hz using 2x4-lane ganged DSI channels
• Independent resolution and pixel clock when not ganged
- eDP supports 18/24 bpp, 1/2/4 data lanes, RBR/HBR/HBR2 up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz
- DSC supported by MIPI-DSI
• Maximum panel size of 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz
- 1 external display
- On HDMI. Maximum 1920x1080p @ 60 Hz (3D) or 4096x2160 @ 60Hz (2D)
- DisplayPort or HDMI 4096x2160 @ 60 Hz (2D)
- With HDCP and multi-channel audio (HDMI 2.0 and DHCP 2.2)
So DSI does not support 4096x2160 at 60Hz?
But with DSC DSI supports 4096x2304 at 60Hz?
Is that correct?
Is there anything else I should now when we want to use VESA DSC?