vGPU License Portal Upgrade

Hi

Just a heads up for those running vGPU …

The vGPU License Portal has just undergone a large upgrade to the UI. It’s now much easier to use and there are additional features that have been requested as well regarding License Server manageability.

Check it out here … https://nvid.nvidia.com/siteminderagent/forms/login.fcc

Regards

MG

Hi MrGrid,

Can you point me to the part of the site that allows me to add a new entitlement? The old site was awkward but at least I could eventually do what I wanted, there is nowhere in this new portal where I can enter an order number or entitlement id to add newly purchased licenses to my enterprise account. Hoping you can help!

Lucas

Hi Lucas

For first time customers the PAK is now hardcoded into their registration form. They redeem it as a function of the registration process.

For current customers who purchase additional licenses, the new entitlement will be available when they log into the portal.

Basically, the days of manually adding PAK keys are now behind us and this is (or should be) a system automated process. So when purchasing additional licenses from your vGPU license partner, please ensure they use the correct details so that the licenses / PAK appears in the correct account. They should not be providing you with a PAK any more.

As this is a system automated task, I believe it takes up to 24hrs for the PAK to appear so you can draw down licenses against it.

Hope that helps!

Regards

MG

Hi MG,

Thanks for your reply. I’ll go back to the vendor and try to figure out what the issue is. Can you clarify if the link between the vendor (we use Dell Digital Locker) and the NVIDIA License Portal is just the email addresses? I can’t see anything else that links the two sites.

Lucas

Hi Lucas

Yes, your email should be enough for the License Distributor to locate you (as it will be unique within the NVIDIA Portal) and allocate the additional purchases.

I don’t have any personal experience using Dell Digital Locker, but I’ve heard of a few issues previously. Whether these issues have been caused by Dells system, customer error with supplying incorrect details, an understanding of the system or a combination of all of them, I’m unsure.

Although this is an older post, it’s worth just having a look here for reference. Simon (from NVIDIA) details the steps required for the Dell Digital Locker, although this was when the PAK method was being used so there will be a difference here, but they should help guide you in the right direction and set expectations around processing time.

https://gridforums.nvidia.com/default/topic/1176/nvidia-virtual-gpu-drivers/tesla-m60-vib-drivers-for-esxi-host-/

If you have a look and are still unsure about the process, it’s always worth speaking to Dell directly to help offer guidance this first time. Obviously if you have any issues or comments about the process after that, then come back to us on here and we’ll see what we can do.

Regards

MG

Well this is likely the issue seeing as the person who manages the license servers (me) is different from the person who buys the licenses (my boss). We’ll try to sort it out with Dell. Really appreciate your replies MG.

Lucas

Hi Lucas

That shouldn’t be an issue. If the licenses are tied to you your Bosses email through Dell, then they may appear under that email address in the NVIDIA Portal (I’ve not used the Dell process so can’t comment on personal experience) … In the NVIDIA Portal, there is a Tab on the left called "User Management" where other members can be added to that account via email and you can be a "Super User" or "Base User". You should then be able to gain access to purchased licenses via your Bosses email.

Regards

MG

I login to the new portal site, I have nothing to Click to Access

Hi

Do you already have vGPU licenses allocated to that email account (Either 90 Day evaluation or already purchased)?

Regards

MG