“NVIDIA Virtual GPU software management SDK” was updated to V2.0 (https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-grid-software-management-sdk - grid_nvml_sdk_384.73.tgz).
Documentation is very bad as usual - http://docs.nvidia.com/grid/5.0/grid-management-sdk-user-guide/index.html (for example “nvml_grid.h” is integrated in “nvml.h”, new license “Quadro-Virtual-DWS,5.0” missing, EncoderCapacity() description missing … and referring to NVML r352 from 2015 (http://docs.nvidia.com/deploy/nvml-api/index.html) !).
- for new "encoder capacity" - nvmlDeviceGetEncoderCapacity(), nvmlVgpuInstanceGetEncoderCapacity(),
- Is there any table of "macroblocks per second" capacity for different chips GM* and GP* ?
- Is it dependent on frequency (including power saving modes and frequency boosts) ?
missing in "nvml.h" but exported from library:
- nvmlDeviceGetMPSComputeRunningProcesses() ?
- nvmlDeviceGetVgpuMetadata() ?
- nvmlVgpuInstanceGetMetadata() ?
- nvmlGetVgpuCompatibility() ?
- for vGPU schedulers "Best Effort Scheduler", "Equal Share Scheduler" (pascal only) and "Fixed Share Scheduler" (pascal only) (in doc http://docs.nvidia.com/grid/5.0/grid-management-sdk-user-guide/index.html#how-gpu-engine-use-is-reported and https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/latest/grid-vgpu-user-guide/index.html#changing-vgpu-scheduling-policy) and presented new "QoS scheduler" for Pascal chips:
- What do NVidia mean under name "QoS scheduler" (stupids schedulers "Equal Share Scheduler" and/or "Fixed Share Scheduler"?) ?
- Is it possible to set "share" value per vGPU process for true "QoS scheduler" (if exists) to guarantee minimum, cap maximum and share remaining with defined ratio ?