Video compression benchmarks

I have an application which is video-related and I am trying to make a case to my backers to explore the use of CUDA as a solution to make it real time (for this purpose 30 fps). It is similar although not identical to video compression (with motion compensation) of HDTV (1920x1080) resolution footage. Can anyone point me to benchmarks of video compressors using various CUDA processors? All data would be useful even if not real-time or not HD since I should be able to make the comparisons I need. OI know that there are other issues such as interlaced vs progressive, etc., but what I really need is data to make the case that for our algorithms that the performance desired is within range of commercially available platforms.

Thanks for any pointers (even if the pointing is to a more appropriate forum :-); I am also registered on the developer’s forums).

Cheers,

Lyman

I have an application which is video-related and I am trying to make a case to my backers to explore the use of CUDA as a solution to make it real time (for this purpose 30 fps). It is similar although not identical to video compression (with motion compensation) of HDTV (1920x1080) resolution footage. Can anyone point me to benchmarks of video compressors using various CUDA processors? All data would be useful even if not real-time or not HD since I should be able to make the comparisons I need. OI know that there are other issues such as interlaced vs progressive, etc., but what I really need is data to make the case that for our algorithms that the performance desired is within range of commercially available platforms.

Thanks for any pointers (even if the pointing is to a more appropriate forum :-); I am also registered on the developer’s forums).

Cheers,

Lyman

You can take a look at MainConcept performance results.

You can take a look at MainConcept performance results.