Video scaling with GStreamer element 'videoscale' and 'nvdrmvideosink set-mode=1'

Hi @DaneLLL,

the first pipeline

sudo gst-launch-1.0 -e nvv4l2camerasrc device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)BGRx, width=(int)2504, height=(int)1438, framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)RGBA' ! nvdrmvideosink set-mode=1 color-range=1

works fine!
Running the second pipeline

sudo gst-launch-1.0 -e nvv4l2camerasrc device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)BGRx, width=(int)2504, height=(int)1438, framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)RGBA, width=(int)3840, height=(int)2160' ! nvdrmvideosink set-mode=1 color-range=1

throws me the error from above:

To clarify the last question:

It seems that scaling is not working with nvdrmvideosink when using the option to set color range. As shown above I receive an error as soon as I scale the video.
Without changing the color range (nvdrmvideosink without option set-mode=1)

sudo gst-launch-1.0 -e nvv4l2camerasrc device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)BGRx, width=(int)2504, height=(int)1438, framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)RGBA, width=(int)3840, height=(int)2160' ! nvdrmvideosink

the pipeline executes without error. Still not the desired behavior of the video output but the pipeline works.

Therefore, using a different way to change the color range would solve the problem. Is there a way to set the color range from within the driver?

Best regards
Bruno