Video Streaming over rts using VLC error.

Hey, trying to do as the title says however even trying to open the camera using;

vlc v4l2:///dev/video1

creates the following error:

Inside NvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInitNvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInit set DPB and MjstreamingInside NvxLiteH265DecoderLowLatencyInitNvxLiteH265DecoderLowLatencyInit set DPB and MjstreamingBus error

This is using an external camera attached through USB. At a loss here and would love some suggestions, thanks.

Which version of BSP you are using?
Could you also try,
vlc [any video-clip] and see if you get the same error?
I can see the error by play back a video clip and check on it now.

JArchy,
Could you get VLC 2.2.4 and it will work for Jetson TX1. There is an issue with VLC 2.2.2 itself.

Hi guys,

I’ve got the same problem on my TX1. I’ve tried updating VLC to 2.2.4 but it shows an error 'You cannot build VLC with Qt-5.5.0." I have tried resolving the issue (apparently it is a known bug) but none of the patches seem to work.

chijen, I take it from your latest comment you were able to install VLC 2.2.4. Could you please give me an indication of how you manages this?

hansk1990,

Here is the details of issue debugging from our developer and we will provide you with more info on version 2.2.4.

…
"
VLC is not using gstreamer => omx path, it is using ffmpeg => omx path. This is VLC 2.2.2 version.
Bus error is coming from libomxil_plugin.so from VLC source, following is the gdb backtrace

Thread 10 “vlc” hit Breakpoint 1, NvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInit (hComponent=0x7f8cc2ea88)
at /media/viranjan/extra_drive_2/dev_other/multimedia-partner/openmax/il/nvmm/components/nvxlitevideodecoder.c:2561
2561 /media/viranjan/extra_drive_2/dev_other/multimedia-partner/openmax/il/nvmm/components/nvxlitevideodecoder.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) c
Continuing.
Inside NvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInitNvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInit set DPB and MjstreamingInside NvxLiteH265DecoderLowLatencyInitNvxLiteH265DecoderLowLatencyInit set DPB and Mjstreaming[New Thread 0x7f9d329090 (LWP 7442)]

Thread 10 “vlc” received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
0xfeedbeefdeadbabe in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0xfeedbeefdeadbabe in ?? ()
#1 0x0000007f9d6e56d8 in ?? () from /usr/lib/vlc/plugins/codec/libomxil_plugin.so
#2 0x0000007fb0662798 in ?? ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb) q

I compiled and installed VLC 2.2.4 version on T210 board, and it worked ok. This goes through the ffmpeg->avcodec path."

Compile VLC 2.2.4 on target ignoring Qt, also you will see couple of more package issues, ignore them as well and compile. After installing check your VLC version.
Also can you use gstreamer ? If yes we can provide sample pipeline for your use case.

sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list

Add universe and multiverse at the end like below, if its missing
deb Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial main restricted universe multiverse
deb-src Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial main restricted universe multiverse

sudo apt-get update

Install following gst packages
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-tools gstreamer1.0-alsa gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly

You can run gst-launch now.

Hi Viranjan,

Thanks for the reply! I have actually been trying to use gstreamer, I’ve logged the issue I’ve come up against over on this post:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/968782/jetson-tk1/making-a-720p-live-video-monitoring/post/5080376/?offset=10#5083592

I don’t know if you can help out at all? I am at a total loss to be honest, I can’t see why it isn’t working!

Hi Viranjan,

Further information to your response, I have compiled and installed VLC 2.2.4 ignoring the QT error and found that even once complete, the version information still reverts to 2.2.2?? I’d even removed the other version of VLC first!

EDIT: Please ignore the above, I have managed to update to 2.2.4

Hi Viranjan,

Just a follow up comment, I have managed to eventually update VLC and get Gstreamer working, so thank you for your support!

More information about how to compile it here:

1 Like