View Beta Crash Issue

Hello guys,

I am an architect working in Shanghai.
I just began to use Ominverse and I think it is a incredible tools&platform indicating one of the future design orientations in terms of technologies. But since it is still in Beta process, I found some issues really bothering me and descending the user experience. Here is situation:

I use Sketchup and Rhino models to render in Omniverse, BUT when I tried to change the material base color, the View Kit keeps crashing. There are screenshots below. I don`t know how to deal with it. So I posted the first topic in here hope we could get in touch and continiously digging the potential of it.

p.s. if you need any further info. such as logs, pls reply me.

cheers,
Lei Yang

Hi Lei,

Please kindly provide the following information: what app and version are you using? what files are you working with? and what are the exact steps to repro this issue? The logs is also important.

Thanks,
John Han

Hi Lei Yang,

Sorry for the crashes. We will take a look today and see if we can reproduce it and then fix it.

Did this happen with any model that you published or only certain ones? We’ll publish Rhino and SketchUp scenes that we have to reproduce as a starting point.

Brian

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply.
For the Qs:
1- I use Rhino7.4 and Sketchup 2021, Omniverse View Beta V2021.3.1
2- The main file was from Sketchup, I used LiveSync connecting to Omniverse to develop additional designs.
3- In the material editor, when I change the color in Albedo panel, the program will be shutted down.

My gears is RTX 2060, diver version: 30.0.14.7168.

Lei

Hi Brian,

Thanks great. I just started to use it so haven`t got many chances.
I would say with the combination between Rhino and Sketchup, it will be very useful.

Where could I find the logs and maybe upload it for you?

Lei

Here you go, Lei.

kit_20210722_223612.log (174.0 KB)

Thanks Brian.

Lei

1 Like

Hi Lei,

I can reproduce the crash. I’ll get it assigned.

Brian

1 Like

Posting for visual. Internal Ticket Reference OM-36123.

Hello @lyang4! I wanted to let you know that this issue has been fixed on the development side. This should be available to you for the next release of View.

1 Like