Visionworks demos can't read their inputs?

Hi - I’m trying to run the visionworks demos on a fresh tx2 with jetpack 3.3. It seems the demos do not work out of the box. Is this a known problem with some workaround?

The file that the demo is trying to read exists and plays in a video player.

nvidia@tx2:/usr/share/visionworks/sources/demos/stereo_matching$ …/…/bin/aarch64/linux/release/nvx_demo_stereo_matching --nvxio_render video
VisionWorks library info:
VisionWorks version : 1.6.0
OpenVX Standard version : 1.1.0

Error: Can’t open source URI /usr/share/visionworks/sources/bin/…/data/left_right.mp4

nvidia@tx2:/usr/share/visionworks/sources/demos/stereo_matching$ file /usr/share/visionworks/sources/bin/…/data/left_right.mp4
/usr/share/visionworks/sources/bin/…/data/left_right.mp4: ISO Media, MP4 Base Media v1 [IS0 14496-12:2003]

FWIW the same happens with the other demo applications, so there’s some systemic problem.

Hi,

I just check this VisionWorks sample and it works correctly without error with JetPack3.3.
Could you try to copy the sample to the ${HOME} folder and check it again?

$/usr/share/visionworks/sources/install-samples.sh ${HOME}

Also, please help to check the file status:

$ ll /usr/share/visionworks/sources/data/left_right.mp4

By the way, your device name looks different from the default setting.
Have you manually updated it?

Thanks.

Re device name - yes, we have many TX2 machines and they have internal names. I’ve changed it to tx2 for public posting.

I’ve tried it after copying to ${HOME} as you suggest.

Build is clean…

nvidia@tx2:~/VisionWorks-1.6-Samples/demos/stereo_matching$ make
g++ -I/usr/local/cuda-9.0/include -I/home/nvidia/code/build-visionworks/install/include -I…/…/nvxio/include -I…/…/nvxio/src/ -I…/…/nvxio/src/NVX/ -I…/…/3rdparty/opengl -I…/…/3rdparty/glfw3/include -I…/…/3rdparty/freetype/include -I…/…/3rdparty/eigen -O3 -DNDEBUG -std=c++0x -DCUDA_API_PER_THREAD_DEFAULT_STREAM -DUSE_GUI=1 -DUSE_GLFW=1 -DUSE_GLES=1 -DUSE_GSTREAMER=1 -DUSE_NVGSTCAMERA=1 -DUSE_GSTREAMER_OMX=1 -o obj/release/color_disparity_graph.o -c color_disparity_graph.cpp
g++ -I/usr/local/cuda-9.0/include -I/home/nvidia/code/build-visionworks/install/include -I…/…/nvxio/include -I…/…/nvxio/src/ -I…/…/nvxio/src/NVX/ -I…/…/3rdparty/opengl -I…/…/3rdparty/glfw3/include -I…/…/3rdparty/freetype/include -I…/…/3rdparty/eigen -O3 -DNDEBUG -std=c++0x -DCUDA_API_PER_THREAD_DEFAULT_STREAM -DUSE_GUI=1 -DUSE_GLFW=1 -DUSE_GLES=1 -DUSE_GSTREAMER=1 -DUSE_NVGSTCAMERA=1 -DUSE_GSTREAMER_OMX=1 -o obj/release/stereo_matching.o -c stereo_matching.cpp
g++ -I/usr/local/cuda-9.0/include -I/home/nvidia/code/build-visionworks/install/include -I…/…/nvxio/include -I…/…/nvxio/src/ -I…/…/nvxio/src/NVX/ -I…/…/3rdparty/opengl -I…/…/3rdparty/glfw3/include -I…/…/3rdparty/freetype/include -I…/…/3rdparty/eigen -O3 -DNDEBUG -std=c++0x -DCUDA_API_PER_THREAD_DEFAULT_STREAM -DUSE_GUI=1 -DUSE_GLFW=1 -DUSE_GLES=1 -DUSE_GSTREAMER=1 -DUSE_NVGSTCAMERA=1 -DUSE_GSTREAMER_OMX=1 -o obj/release/main_stereo_matching.o -c main_stereo_matching.cpp
g++ -Wl,–allow-shlib-undefined -pthread -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/cuda-9.0/lib64 -O3 -DNDEBUG -std=c++0x -DCUDA_API_PER_THREAD_DEFAULT_STREAM -DUSE_GUI=1 -DUSE_GLFW=1 -DUSE_GLES=1 -DUSE_GSTREAMER=1 -DUSE_NVGSTCAMERA=1 -DUSE_GSTREAMER_OMX=1 -o …/…/bin/aarch64/linux/release/nvx_demo_stereo_matching obj/release/color_disparity_graph.o obj/release/stereo_matching.o obj/release/main_stereo_matching.o …/…/libs/aarch64/linux/release/libovx.a -L"/usr/lib" …/…/libs/aarch64/linux/release/libovx.a …/…/3rdparty/freetype/libs/libfreetype.a …/…/3rdparty/glfw3/libs/libglfw3.a /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra-egl/libGLESv2_nvidia.so.2 -L/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra-egl -lEGL -lXrandr -lXi -lXxf86vm -lX11 -lgstpbutils-1.0 -lgstapp-1.0 -lgstbase-1.0 -lgstreamer-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra/libcuda.so -L/usr/local/cuda-9.0/lib64 -lcudart -L/home/nvidia/code/build-visionworks/install/lib -lvisionworks

Error message…

nvidia@tx2:~/VisionWorks-1.6-Samples/demos/stereo_matching$ …/…/bin/aarch64/linux/release/nvx_demo_stereo_matching
VisionWorks library info:
VisionWorks version : 1.6.0
OpenVX Standard version : 1.1.0

Error: Can’t open source URI /home/nvidia/VisionWorks-1.6-Samples/bin/…/data/left_right.mp4

File…

nvidia@tx2:~/VisionWorks-1.6-Samples/demos/stereo_matching$ ll /usr/share/visionworks/sources/data/left_right.mp4
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 11169870 Nov 1 2017 /usr/share/visionworks/sources/data/left_right.mp4

nvidia@tx2:~/VisionWorks-1.6-Samples/demos/stereo_matching$ md5sum /home/nvidia/VisionWorks-1.6-Samples/bin/…/data/left_right.mp4
ca7b40373362ed5550371ba2b13bdb37 /home/nvidia/VisionWorks-1.6-Samples/bin/…/data/left_right.mp4

Hi,

Do you mind to reflash your device and try it again?
Thanks.