Vulkan api deactivated

I’ve trouble with my rtx 2080 super the Vulkan API is “deactivated”.
I was trying to use Vulcan API, but the game crashes immediately. I’ve looked with GPU Z and everything is fine, card is not overclocked or changed. I´ve done an undervolt previously but got back to stock configs.
I have an ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER AMP https://www.zotac.com/de/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2080-super-amp.
Ever thing runs fine except when I force it to use Vulkan. I´ve definitely used Vulkan without problems about an year ago with the same Hardware config, without any Problems.
Yesterday I chatted to the Nvidia Support and over the Period of 2 hours we tried a lot of installs, deinstalls and reinstalls of the graphics driver, but vulkan didn’t come back.
They send me here to maybe get some help.
Does anyone have a clue?
Greetings Phillip Fromme

Hi there @fromme.phillip and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

Well, if customer help already sent you here, I will refrain from just passing you on to the GeForce forums where these kinds of topics usually go. :-)

Let me take a guess, you did the undervolting by using MSI Afterburner? There have been several occasions where Afterburner caused some side-effect that disabled Vulkan capabilities. (Also for AMD GPUs by the way)

So even if you did a lot of un- and re-installs, I would suggest

• removing any third-party GPU tweaking software
  • reboot
  • Check for Windows updates
  • use DDU to completely remove the NVIDIA driver
  • reboot
  • reinstall the latest NVIDIA driver, DO NOT use any driver Windows might recommend after the reboot
  • And yes, reboot
  • Check the output of vulkaninfo.exe run from any command shell

If the problems persist, share the output of vulkaninfo.exe here please (pipe it to a file).

Thanks!

vulkaninfo.txt (1.0 KB)
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : Layer name GalaxyOverlayVkLayer does not conform to naming standard (Policy #LLP_LAYER_3)
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : Layer name GalaxyOverlayVkLayer_VERBOSE does not conform to naming standard (Policy #LLP_LAYER_3)
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : Layer name GalaxyOverlayVkLayer_DEBUG does not conform to naming standard (Policy #LLP_LAYER_3)
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : Layer VK_LAYER_AGAUEEYE_Overlay uses API version 1.1 which is older than the application specified API version of 1.3. May cause issues.
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : Layer VK_LAYER_OW_OVERLAY uses API version 1.2 which is older than the application specified API version of 1.3. May cause issues.
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : Layer VK_LAYER_OW_OBS_HOOK uses API version 1.2 which is older than the application specified API version of 1.3. May cause issues.
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : Failed to open dynamic library “C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\0.223.0.30.\owclient.dll” with error 1114

Well, it seems Overwolf has a hook into your Vulkan driver and something there went wrong.

vulkaninfoshould not depend on a third party driver. Could be related to some MOD or other tool that is part of your Overwolf setup. And to be honest, the warning with respect to Agaue Eye (yet another third party tool that needs admin rights to hook into the system…) does not sound correct either.

I know this sounds like trying to put blame anywhere but our driver, but I expect things to run much more smoothly after removing all the 3rd party software and reinstalling the GPU driver after a clean re-boot.

After that it would be Windows re-install time for me.