warning: File transfers from remote targets can be slow.

I’m just following the Nsight EE boxfilter tutorial
I get warnings:

Coalescing of the CUDA commands output is off.
warning: "remote:" is deprecated, use "target:" instead.
warning: sysroot set to "target://".
warning: File transfers from remote targets can be slow. Use "set sysroot" to access files locally instead.
Reading /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 from remote target...
Reading /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 from remote target...
Reading /lib/ld-2.27.so from remote target...

Somehow I cannot find, where I can set the local directory.
Is there any setting in Nsight to prevent unnecessary copy?

Hi,

To cross-compile a program with Nsight EE, please remember to install the CUDA toolkit on the host device first.
The package of the x86 environment also can be found in the JetPack.

Thanks.

oh, the output is from the Nsight EE Debug perspective actually, so the prog was already crosscompiled, copied over and started under cuda-gdbserver.

I’ve used SDK manager 0.9.12.4180. It says everything is green, CUDA 10.0 and everything is installed.

Everything is OK basically, except I would avoid the overhead of copying sybmols back to the host.

Interestingly I’ve flashed Nano during SDK setup, so there is an exact copy of my Nano on the host
/home/max/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2_Linux_P3448

Hi,

It is a harmless warning. You should be able to profile the application without issues.
Is anything broken so far?

Thanks.

I don’t think so. If it were harmless, there would be no warning in the first place.

I don’t profile, just debug. Except unnecessary symbol copy everything looks fine.

Debugger is supposed to pick up symbols from host, but I don’t know where I can tell it to do so.

Hi,

The error is from gdb rather than Nsight.
I found a similar issue in stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38080460/very-slow-debugging

You can give it a try.
Thanks.