WARNING from element nvvideo-renderer: A lot of buffers are being dropped. Warning: A lot of buffers are being dropped

When I run deepstream-test3 app, I have this warning and processing speed drops.

WARNING from element nvvideo-renderer: A lot of buffers are being dropped. Warning: A lot of buffers are being dropped.

Sometimes, no warnings and speed is quite fast.

I don’t see this WARNING in deepstream_test3_app.c?

Where can I look into so that no such warning happens and speed is running fast?
I tested with 6 sources with resnet34_peoplenet_pruned.etlt model using AGX Xavier.

My config file is as follows.

[property]
gpu-id=0
net-scale-factor=0.0039215697906911373
tlt-model-key=tlt_encode
tlt-encoded-model=../../../../samples/models/tlt_peoplenet/resnet34_peoplenet_pruned.etlt
model-engine-file=../../../../samples/models/tlt_peoplenet/resnet34_peoplenet_pruned.etlt_b6_gpu0_fp16.engine
labelfile-path=../../../../samples/models/tlt_peoplenet/labels.txt
int8-calib-file=../../../../samples/models/tlt_peoplenet/cal_trt.bin
input-dims=3;544;960;0
uff-input-blob-name=input_1
batch-size=1
process-mode=1
model-color-format=0
# 0=FP32, 1=INT8, 2=FP16 mode
network-mode=1
num-detected-classes=4
interval=0
gie-unique-id=1
output-blob-names=output_bbox/BiasAdd;output_cov/Sigmoid

[streammux]
gpu-id=0
batch-size=1
batched-push-timeout=40000
## Set muxer output width and height
width=1920
height=1080

[class-attrs-all]
pre-cluster-threshold=0.2
eps=0.2
group-threshold=1
1 Like

It’s gstreamer syncronization mechanism, you can search it from gstreamer framework. you are observing this, due to some components is not executing in real time.
You may try set sink property sync to false and check how is it going.
How about your input source? if live streams, nvstreammux element ‘live-source’ property should be set as 1, Along with it sink/renderer element’s ‘sync’ and ‘qos’ property should be set as 0 or FALSE.

1 Like