Warning: ignoring configuration file that cannot be opened

When I upgrade my Jetson AGX, I get a couple of warnings (first two lines below).

The files are soft links and they do exist. The system works as expected so I’m not too worried, although my application which makes use of the tegra V4L2 library doesn’t dynamically link properly. I have to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH so it gets the correct library. So I’m thinking that those soft links may not work at all. The ldd tool may ignore them for security reasons?

/sbin/ldconfig.real: Warning: ignoring configuration file that cannot be opened: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/aarch64-linux-gnu_EGL.conf: No such file or directory
/sbin/ldconfig.real: Warning: ignoring configuration file that cannot be opened: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/aarch64-linux-gnu_GL.conf: No such file or directory
$ ls /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
aarch64-linux-gnu.conf      aarch64-linux-gnu_GL.conf  fakechroot-aarch64-linux-gnu.conf  libc.conf
aarch64-linux-gnu_EGL.conf  cuda-10-2.conf             fakeroot-aarch64-linux-gnu.conf    nvidia-tegra.conf
$ ls -l /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
total 24
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 103 Apr 16  2018 aarch64-linux-gnu.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  44 Jan 28  2018 aarch64-linux-gnu_EGL.conf -> /etc/alternatives/aarch64-linux-gnu_egl_conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  43 Jan 28  2018 aarch64-linux-gnu_GL.conf -> /etc/alternatives/aarch64-linux-gnu_gl_conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  47 Oct 29  2019 cuda-10-2.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  38 Nov 29  2016 fakechroot-aarch64-linux-gnu.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  39 Jan  8  2018 fakeroot-aarch64-linux-gnu.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  44 Jan 27  2016 libc.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  33 Jan 28  2018 nvidia-tegra.conf
$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/aarch64-linux-gnu_egl_conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 47 Jan 28  2018 /etc/alternatives/aarch64-linux-gnu_egl_conf -> /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra-egl/ld.so.conf
$ ls -l /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra-egl/ld.so.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 37 Nov 14 18:25 /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra-egl/ld.so.conf
$ cat /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra-egl/ld.so.conf
/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra-egl
$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/aarch64-linux-gnu_gl_conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 43 Jan 28  2018 /etc/alternatives/aarch64-linux-gnu_gl_conf -> /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra/ld.so.conf
$ ls -l /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra/ld.so.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 33 Jan 28  2018 /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra/ld.so.conf
$ cat /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra/ld.so.conf
/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra
1 Like

That’s an odd one. Looks like unless there is some special reason for failing, e.g., being mounted from a different drive that does not have exec permission, it should work. Is this all running on the eMMC?

Also, do you see any errors from:

• sudo ldconfig
  • sudo ldconfig -p

The “-p” option just prints what is visible, and individual files don’t matter (except perhaps if the GL or EGL files mentioned earlier don’t show up), but I am curious if it shows some clue. Without the “-p” option this causes the linker to read the config files again, and normally you would not see any output…if something shows up during ldconfig without “-p”, then perhaps strace might provide a clue.

The -p shows the problematic library, the tegra version appears second.

libv4l2.so.0 (libc6,AArch64) => /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libv4l2.so.0
libv4l2.so.0 (libc6,AArch64) => /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra/libv4l2.so.0

That being said, the errors shown after a dist-upgrade did not appear here.

On my end I had to use the LD_LIBRARY_PATH so it would use the tegra version of the library.

hello alexiswilke,

what’s the base JetPack release version you’re working with?
may I also know what’s the commands you’re used for upgrade?
thanks

I use the usual:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

At the end of the dist-upgrade is when I saw that message.

As for the version, I’m not sure if that’s what you’re looking for, but nvidia-jetpack looks like this:

ii  nvidia-jetpack   4.4.1-b50   arm64   NVIDIA Jetpack Meta Package
1 Like

hello alexiswilke,

FYI,
you may check the release tag for the L4T version, i.e. $ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
there’s JetPack Archive page you may check for each L4T and its JetPack versions.
thanks

hello alexiswilke,

if you would like to choose the version manually for the OTA upgrade process.
there’s a discussion thread for your reference, Topic 157989.
thanks

Here is that file’s content:

$ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
# R32 (release), REVISION: 4.4, GCID: 23942405, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Oct 16 19:37:08 UTC 2020

It would be great to be able to switch just using the console since I only have ssh access to my Jetsons… Thank you for the link.