Warning: Olimit was exceeded on function

Hi,

I am trying to compile a cuda fortran program using PVF on win32 platform. However, I keep receiving the following message:

Warning: Olimit was exceeded on function vmain_vr_kernel; will not perform function-scope optimization.
To still perform function-scope optimization, use -OPT:Olimit=0 (no limit) or -OPT:Olimit=51794

Moreover, compiling takes unusually very long time, more than half an hour. I don’t quite understand what are the sources of these problems… I appreciate any help.

Thanks
Bulent

Hi Bulent,

I’ll need an example to understand why NVIDIA’s back end tools are emitting this error and why the compilation time is so long. Would it possible to obtain your source? Please send a note PGI Customer Service (trs@pgroup.com) and ask them to forward it to me. We can then work one on one to determine the answer and post our findings.

Thanks,
Mat

Hi Bulent,

Customer service sent me your code and I was able to reproduce the problem on Win32. I have opened a technical problem report (TPR#17239) and sent it to our engineers for further investigation. Note that the error does not appear when compiling on Linux so may be a short term work around until a work around or fix can be found.

Thanks,
Mat

Hi Matt,

As you suggested, I switched to Linux compiler to run my code. However, it didn’t work again. It gives the same error message as it gave on win32???

Thanks

Bulent

Hi Bulent,

I’m using PGI 10.9 with the CUDA 3.1 tools. Which version are you using?

Note that we have asked our contacts at NVIDIA to help with this error. Hopefully, I’ll have more information for you here soon.

• Mat