Waydroid Support

Waydroid is the best solution for Android apps in Linux. And this will become the standard. Those who have an Nvidia card can only run it with software rendering. It naturally gives a terrible performance. We need hardware acceleration. But Nvidia is not supported. Please solve Mesa or whatever they need. Those who have Nvidia graphics cards should not be deprived of another important thing.

NVIDIA cannot solve Mesa, NVIDIA provides its own implementation.

You could either use nouveau or buy a different GPU.

Who the hell are you? Are you intimidating people here? Of course i would replace Nvidia graphics card if i could. Years later they changed their perspective by supporting GBM. I just said my wish.

1 Like

Lack of NVIDIA hardware acceleration on Waydroid is indeed a disappointment as I have an NVIDIA card myself, so I’m missing out on a feature I would want.

Is it that the Waydroid devs can’t enable hardware acceleration for NVIDIA cards for technical reasons OR that they have simply chosen not to because of time or ideological reasons?

Who the hell are you?

What?

Are you intimidating people here?

What?

Of course i would replace Nvidia graphics card if i could. Years later they changed their perspective by supporting GBM. I just said my wish.

Your wish is nonsensical and illogical. NVIDIA provides its open OpenGL/Vulkan implementation which doesn’t bind into Mesa. End of story.

Is it that the Waydroid devs can’t enable hardware acceleration for NVIDIA cards for technical reasons OR that they have simply chosen not to because of time or ideological reasons?

There are no Waydroid developers here. Who are you asking precisely?

I’m asking user150007. I’m confused as to what makes him think Waydroid not having NVIDIA support is an NVIDIA issue to deal with.

Waydroid developers mention it in their bug tracker - they indeed only support Mesa drivers on Linux and for NVIDIA they offer only software acceleration.

They are not special. They are not reinventing the Atom. They have no greater technology than AMD and INTEL. I want them to stop being stupid and adapt their drivers to MESA!

Hi.
@aplattner @amrits @ekurzinger and developers in general. Sorry to bother you :)
I know that nvidia linux developers are enthusiastic and curious like many Linux users. I would simply ask if possible in your free time you could take a look at the Waydroid project and help the development to support nvidia proprietary driver, mainly to solve video playback problems.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Waydroid

Thank you.

2 Likes