Webinar IssaacSimProject.sh Not in folder

Hello Everyone!

I am currently trying to run the simulation of the webinar the one at 29:12 where he runs this commands

./IsaacSimProject.sh CarterWarehouse_P -vulkan -windowed -resx=128 -res=720 isaac_sim_config_json=…

and I have downloaded Isaac Sim for Navigation 2019.3 , in the webinar says he has downloaded the binaries. so I dont know if i downloaded the appropriate ones… does someone knows if that part of the procedure has been change? or any alternative also why there is for 2019.3 there is no UE4 Simulation?

I am using 2019.3 sdk and sim and Unity 2018.3.11 f1 Ii have done everything in the webinar and everything works but this step I am not sure that is valid for this version. any help would be welcome.
I have also attache oh how the localhost page look like I guess it doesnt looks like the one in the webinar because the simulation is not running.

Thanks!!
Happy new year!

Sorry for the confusion.

The webinar was created before we switched from Unreal Engine 4 to Unity 3D. “./IsaacSimProject.sh CarterWarehouse_P …” command is for Unreal Engine 4 based simulator. If you would like to use Unreal Engine 4 (like the video does), then please use 2019.2 release. What the webinar is teaching (basics of Isaac SDK) is independent of simulator choice. So, it’s OK to learn Isaac SDK with that previous release. However, as discussed at https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1068638/isaac-sim-for-manipulation/is-isaac-sim-no-longer-supporting-unreal-4-/, we no longer support Unreal Engine 4 based simulator and I would suggest trying the new simulator instead.

For Unity 3D based simulator, please follow instructions at https://docs.nvidia.com/isaac/isaac/doc/simulation/unity3d.html. After launching the medium_warehouse simulation, instead of

bob@desktop:~/isaac$ bazel run //apps/navsim:navsim_navigate -- --more packages/navsim/maps/medium_warehouse.json,packages/navsim/robots/carter.json

simply execute:

bazel run apps/tutorials/webinar_1:goal_generator_navsim -- --more packages/navsim/maps/medium_warehouse.json,packages/navsim/robots/carter.json

Note:
Sorry for the inconvenience, but to fix the app the following patch needs to be applied:

diff --git a/apps/tutorials/webinar_1/goal_generator_navsim.app.json b/apps/tutorials/webinar_1/goal_generator_navsim.app.json
index 6060131f8..87b9fe5d9 100644
--- a/apps/tutorials/webinar_1/goal_generator_navsim.app.json
+++ b/apps/tutorials/webinar_1/goal_generator_navsim.app.json
@@ -25,6 +25,19 @@
             "type": "isaac::tutorials::GoalGenerator"
           }
         ]
+      },
+      {
+        "name": "behavior_main",
+        "components": [
+          {
+            "name": "NodeGroup",
+            "type": "isaac::alice::behaviors::NodeGroup"
+          },
+          {
+            "name": "MemorySequenceBehavior",
+            "type": "isaac::alice::behaviors::MemorySequenceBehavior"
+          }
+        ]
       }
     ],
     "edges": [
@@ -37,11 +50,11 @@
         "target": "navigation.subgraph/interface/goal"
       },
       {
-        "source": "simulation.interface/output/flatscan",
+        "source": "simulation.interface/noisy/flatscan",
         "target": "navigation.subgraph/interface/flatscan_for_localization"
       },
       {
-        "source": "simulation.interface/output/flatscan",
+        "source": "simulation.interface/noisy/flatscan",
         "target": "navigation.subgraph/interface/flatscan_for_obstacles"
       },
       {
@@ -63,17 +76,27 @@
     ]
   },
   "config": {
+    "behavior_main": {
+      "MemorySequenceBehavior": {
+        "tick_period": "10Hz"
+      },
+      "NodeGroup": {
+        "node_names": [
+          "simulation.scenario_manager",
+          "navigation.localization.localize"
+        ],
+        "tick_period": "10Hz"
+      }
+    },
+    "navigation.localization.localize": {
+      "disable_automatic_start": true
+    },
     "goal_generator" : {
       "GoalGenerator" : {
+        "desired_position": [26.0, 22.0],
         "tick_period" : "10Hz"
       }
     },
-    "simulation.scan_flattener.scan_accumulator": {
-      "isaac.perception.ScanAccumulator": {
-        "min_slice_count": 900,
-        "clock_wise_rotation": false
-      }
-    },
     "navigation.imu_odometry.odometry": {
       "DifferentialBaseWheelImuOdometry": {
         "use_imu": false

thx where can i download IsaacSim1.2, i know its a very old UnrealEngine Version, but without this i can not get the first Isaac Webinar from Cenk Oguz Saglam carterwarehouse running

Hi @AndrewK,

Hope you are well.

To download isaacSim1.2 and in order to get your first Isaac Webinar, use this link:

https://docs.nvidia.com/isaac/isaac_sim/setup.html

Hi

ok will try it. thx a lot

1 Like

Yeah, you have 2 choices:

1- Get Isaac Sim from GitHub

2- Build Isaac Sim with SDK Components

And enjoy:)

ok will do, if i have questions, hope i can come back to you

1 Like

Hope I helped you.

No problem. You can.

did you made carterwarehouse run in unity, if yes which version of unity for linux ubuntu 18.04

a last question, in the install they their is the xml replacement

1. In Isaac Sim, remove Engine/Build/IsaacSimProject_1.2_Core.gitdeps.xml .

2. Download Isaac Sim Content XML and extract it to the Engine/Build directory of Isaac Sim:

when i follow the link i come to the new download page, can i use the one i found under 2019.2 - SIM NVIDIA Isaac Sim based on Unreal Engine 4.0; Isaac Sim 1.2 sources & content. or the one under 2019.1 SIM NVIDIA Isaac Sim based on UE4.

thx

Hi, i used 2018.3.11 version for unity

And the link : https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

If you downloaded isaac 1.2 and If your UE 4.0 work normally with that Isaac’s version (1.2) -> use this version for your projects.

Kind regards,

Bayang.

thx

1 Like

Hi,

hope you are well, but i do not get it run. what im doing is

i have isaac 2019.3 and unreal engine 4.20.3

1. cd isaac
    ~/isaac$ bazel run apps/tutorials/webinar_1:goal_generator_sim

this runs ok

1. open webbrowser
    localhost:3000

i get the screen as attached

1. now i go to the isaac 1.2 folder

cd isaac12
~/isaac$ ./Engine/Binaries/Linux/UE4Editor IsaacSimProject CarterWarehouse_P -vulkan -isaac_sim_config_json="/home/aiadmin/isaac_sdk20192/apps/carter_sim/bridge_config/carter_full.json"

its starting at the end i get the message

Failed to open map file. This is most likely because the map was saved with a newer version of the engine.

i downloaded now UnrealEngine 4.24 but it means i have to todo the complete setup process of isaac 1.2 to get Unreal Engine 4.24 run.

how do you start your carter warehouse in unity? i have Unity Version 2019.3.11f1 and 2018.4.22f1 i could not fin any 2018.3.11 for liunx

thx

It seems, you did not change the old IsaacProject. .XML with with the new isaacSimContent. .xml.

The link for the xml isaac sim content: https://developer.nvidia.com/isaac/download/releases/2019.2/isaac-sdk-2019-2-30e21124-tar-xz

ok thx, will try tonight, had to give long lecture in university online today

did you install tesnsorflow gpu 1.15 next to TensorRT from Jetpack 4.3

Morning to you.

Yeah, you can install tf 1.15 for JP 4.3

finaly its working with sdk 2019.2, isaac1.2 and latest unreal engine.

How can i get it run with unity and sdk 2019.3, isaac sim for navigation 2019.3.

so my way would be

cd isaac
~/isaac$ bazel run apps/tutorials/webinar_1:goal_generator_sim

localhost:3000
cd isaac_sim_unity3d

./builds/isaac_sim_unity3d.x86_64 IsaacSimProject CarterWarehouse_P -vulkan -windowed -resx=1280 -resy720 -isaac_sim_config_json="/home/aiadmin/isaac_sdk20192/apps/tutorials/webinar_1/bridge_config/carter_full_graph.json"

unity window starts, but nothing gets displayed

thx for your great support