WebRTC on Jetson TX2

Hi,

I have a Jetson Nano connected to the 4k 360 camera, and I’m using GStreamer (GST-RTSP Server) to stream that video.

Now, I want to use Jetson TX2 to capture and display that video in the browser.

I tried webrtc-streamer from this repo https://github.com/mpromonet/webrtc-streamer on my PC and it works.
But I can’t build it on the TX2 (or Nano).

Host architecture arm64 is not supported.

Is there any way to build this on the Jetson TX2, the issue section is not helpful…
Or is there any other way to achieve this?

On the streaming side I’m running:

./test-launch "v4l2src device=/dev/video0 io-mode=2 ! image/jpeg,width=3840,height=2160,framerate=5/1 ! nvjpegdec ! video/x-raw ! omxh264enc ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96"

Hi,
we have a WebRTC package with hardware acceletaion enabled. Please check
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/r32-2-1_Release_v1.0/WebRTC_R32.2.1_aarch64.tbz2

Great, thank you!
Is there some instruction on how to install and use this package?

Hi Dane,

I have a question actually.
How does this package solve my problem?
How can I use it to display the RTSP stream in the browser or to build WebRTC from the GitHub repository I linked?

Hi,
If you extract the package, there is README

webrtc\README

If your usecase is based on WebRTC, please follow it to enable hardware encoding.
Hardware decodign is not supported. If you would like to leverage hardware decoder, please use tegra_multimedia_api, or gstreamer framework.

Hi,

I don’t need hardware encoding or decoding.
I have an RTSP stream (rtsp://192.168.17.88:8554/test) from one device, and I want to display that video in the browser from another device.
This repo GitHub - mpromonet/webrtc-streamer: WebRTC streamer for V4L2 capture devices, RTSP sources and Screen Capture does this perfectly,but I can’t build WebRTC (one of the dependencies) on the Jetson’s.
If I could do that, I would be able to run something like

./webrtc-streamer rtsp://192.168.17.88:8554/test

Navigate to localhost:8000 and see the video.

I still don’t understand how does webrtc package you provided helps me with this.
In the README there is a basic use case with peer connection, which I don’t think I need.

Hi,
I may not suggest properly. It enables hardware encoding in the package, and looks like what you need is hardware decoding. My apology for the wrong direction.

As of now we don’t have other enhancement for webrtc. Need other users to share experience.

Hi @mmilunovic,

I’m pretty new at NVIDIA Jetson Nano but I would like to build a WebRTC Server on my Jetson Nano.

Right now I have a Camera connected via Ethernet to my Jetson so that I can stream that video by using GStreamer. But now I want to set up WebRTC to capture that stream and display it in a browser.

Have you solved your problems and does it work properly, now? Can I use the webrtc-streamer from your linked repository for reaching my aims with WebRTC on the Jetson Nano.

I hope, you’ll see my reply and can help me.

Hi basementcompartment,

Please open a new topic for your issue. Thanks