What can I do with a Jetson TX2?

My question is really simple:

What can I do with a Jetson TX2?

I’m wondering if I will buy it or not. Because I can do the same with my NVIDIA GPU.

Thanks.

Many developers use Jetson for deploying vision and neural net processing onboard mobile platforms like autonomous robots, drones, IoT, handheld medical devices, intelligent vehicles & dashcams, ect. Others use it for home automation, smart appliances (like June oven), IP cameras, low-power HTPC / media centers, ect. It’s embedded, so there are infinite possibilities up to your imagination!

Off-the-shelf Ecosystem Products like minature carriers and enclosures for Jetson module can help you quickly deploy a compact embedded system.

Think of it this way…what would you do with your NVIDIA GPU if you could unplug it from the wall, power it from battery, and take it with you?

Thanks.

Is there any discount to buy it? I’m not an educational institution but I’m an entrepreneur with a lot of ideas to implement in new devices like this one (check my web site http://www.viacognita.es). I have also doing Udacity’s Deep Learning Nanodegree Foundation program (Deep Learning Online Training Course | Udacity).

And also, I’m interested in create my own autonomous drone. Is there any kit to buy where I can add “the brain”?

NVIDIA Inception members are also eligible for the discount, up to 5 units. Let me know if you apply so I can put in a recommendation.

Teal drone and Spiri come with integrated Jetson module. Enroute has one too.

Yes, I have applied with the email I have used in this account (I don’t know if you need more information about me to know which was my application). By the way, I haven’t applied with the drone’s idea.

Thanks a lot with this information, it is very useful. NVIDIA Inception is a good program to help me with my ideas.

Hi!

I’ve been accepted into NVIDIA Inception program. Thanks a lot for your help and support.

I have another question: Does the JETSON TX2 Dev Kit come with a camera? Here, https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/buy/jetson-tx2-devkit, it talks about a camera module, but it is not clear if this camera comes with the Dev Kit or not.

Kind regards.

Hi Vans, yes indeed the devkit comes with a 5MP MIPI CSI-2 camera module from Omnivision OV5693. It comes mounted to the Camera Expansion connector on the devkit.

In addition to prototyping CUDA code on it, I used the Jetson tk1 and now the TK2 as home DESKTOP system as well. It is silent, small, power saving and sufficiently fast.

does teal one compatible with Jetson TX2?

You would have to ask Teal. I’m only guessing, but internally it probably has a regular module. However, because of the heat sink the space available is much smaller than a standard TX2 module…there is probably some sort of custom cooling solution. On top of that you would need customized flash setup (for sure the device tree would differ, and there must be a lot of other software installed which is specific to the drone), and Teal would have to provide that. I guess the answer is “maybe if you do a lot of work”.

Look at the Skydio 2 drone. At the heart of Skydio 2 is the NVIDIA Tegra TX2, the fastest, most power-efficient embedded AI computing device available. With 256 GPU cores capable of 1.3 trillion operations a second, Skydio 2 is the flying supercomputer. 6 4K cameras - $999 - www.skydio.com