What causes the errors "parameter is out of range, Bad input parameter: Channel Gain" while trying to get ISP Outputs

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello Nvidia support,
i am trying to bring up gmsl2 cameras with IMX390, Serializer Max92717F using Nvidia Drive AGX Xavier (DRIVE OS 5.2.6).

Using the “nvsipl_sample” application, we can get the ICP image outputs without errors. However when i modified the nvsipl_sample applcation to enable ISP0 and ISP1 outputs, i have the following errors regarding the “out of range” parameter and “bad input: Channel Gain”. and could not figure out which values are out of range and how to fix it.

Module_id 30 Severity 2 : parameter is out of range
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : src/control/common/camrangecheck.cpp 358
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : Bad input parameter : Channel Gain
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : src/control/auto/SiplControlAuto.cpp 468
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : Bad input parameter currFrameEmbedInfo

We are using “IMX390_C_3461_F200_RGGB.nito file” and here is our full command:
./nvsipl_sample -p IMX390_C_3461_F200_RGGB_CPHY_x4

I really hope you could give me some hints on how to fix this error!
Thank you in advance!

FULL LOG of sample application:
MAX96712: Revision 2 detected
MAX96712 Rev 2: Link 0: Tx amplitude 0x28, 0x68, 0xb3, 0x72, 0xd2
MAX96712 Rev 2 manual adaptation on the link 0 (31)
MAX96717F: Revision 4 detected!
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : src/devblk/fusa/devices/MAX96712DeserializerDriver/cdi_max96712.c 381
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : MAX96712: VerifyGPIOOutput Readback reg address with value
0x000306
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : MAX96712: VerifyGPIOOutput Readback reg address with value
0x000083
Sensor IMX390 Rev 1 RGGB detected!
Module_id 22 Severity 6 : NvMediaICPCreateEx 76
Module_id 22 Severity 6 : T19x VI version 0x000019
Opened NITO file for module “IMX390_C_3461_F200_RGGB”
Null callback or queue provided
Warning : CheckCSIPLLLock 4005: CSIPLL Unlocked 0x0
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : src/devblk/fusa/devices/MAX96712DeserializerDriver/cdi_max96712.c 4028
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : CSI PLL unlock 00000000
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : src/devblk/fusa/devices/MAX96712DeserializerDriver/CNvMMax96712_Fusa.cpp 505
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : CDI_CONFIG_MAX96712_CHECK_CSIPLL_LOCK failed with NvMedia error 7
Enter ‘q’ to quit the application

Event: NOTIF_INFO_ICP_PROCESSING_DONEModule_id 30 Severity 2 : src/control/common/camrangecheck.cpp 71

SIPL_ICP_ISP_0: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/pipelineMgr/spmgr/pipeline/blocks/CNvMISPBlock.cpp: 673: ProgramISP: GetNoiseProfile failed. status:1
SIPL_ICP_ISP_0: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/pipelineMgr/spmgr/pipeline/blocks/CNvMISPBlock.cpp: 613: ProcessISP: ProgramISP failed
SIPL_ICP_ISP_0: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/pipelineMgr/spmgr/pipeline/CNvMSensorPipeline.cpp: 1088: DoISPProcessing: ISP block process isp failed
Event: NOTIF_ERROR_ISP_PROCESSING_FAILURE

Dear @buva5871,
Using nvsipl_camera, you can get ISP output buffers. Does that help your use case?

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV,
thank you for your response!
using “nvsipl_camera” application, the issues still persists. We observed the same errors while enabling the isp0 and isp1 output:

I wonder what might causes this “out of range error” from both sample applications and how can we fix it?

Thank you!

This is the full-log:
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : src/devblk/fusa/devices/MAX96712DeserializerDriver/cdi_max96712.c 4028
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : CSI PLL unlock 00000000
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : src/devblk/fusa/devices/MAX96712DeserializerDriver/CNvMMax96712_Fusa.cpp 505
Module_id 30 Severity 2 : CDI_CONFIG_MAX96712_CHECK_CSIPLL_LOCK failed with NvMedia error 7
Enter ‘les’ followed by sensor ID to enable LED
Enter ‘lds’ followed by sensor ID to disable LED
Enter ‘dl’ followed by sensor ID to disable the link
Enter ‘el’ followed by sensor ID to enable the link without module reset
Enter ‘elr’ followed by sensor ID to enable the link with module reset
Enter ‘q’ to quit the application

SIPL_ICP_ISP_0: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/pipelineMgr/spmgr/pipeline/blocks/CNvMICPBlock.cpp: 144: GetOutputBuffer: NvMediaICPGetImageGroup timed out
SIPL_ICP_ISP_0: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/pipelineMgr/spmgr/pipeline/CNvMSensorPipeline.cpp: 873: GetICPOutputBuffer: ICP block get output buffer timed out
nvsipl_camera: WARNING: Pipeline: 0, NOTIF_WARN_ICP_CAPTURE_TIMEOUT

Module_id 30 Severity 2 : src/control/common/camrangecheck.cpp 71
SIPL_ICP_ISP_0: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/pipelineMgr/spmgr/pipeline/blocks/CNvMISPBlock.cpp: 673: ProgramISP: GetNoiseProfile failed. status:1
SIPL_ICP_ISP_0: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/pipelineMgr/spmgr/pipeline/blocks/CNvMISPBlock.cpp: 613: ProcessISP: ProgramISP failed
SIPL_ICP_ISP_0: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/pipelineMgr/spmgr/pipeline/CNvMSensorPipeline.cpp: 1088: DoISPProcessing: ISP block process isp failed
nvsipl_camera: ERROR: Pipeline: 0, NOTIF_ERROR_ISP_PROCESSING_FAILURE

Dear @buva5871,
May I know the used camera module and nvsipl_camera command used in the test?

Dear SivaRamaKrishnaNV,

the camera module we use for testing is gmsl2 camera with IMX390 Sony Image Sensor and Serializer MAX96717F
I am not sure which name the camera module has.
Our command to test the camera is:

sudo ./nvsipl_camera -c IMX390_C_3461_F200_RGGB_DPHY_x4 --link-enable-masks “0x0001 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000” -v 2
we can see that it can output ICP image, but failed in outputing ISP images from both ISP0 and ISP1 due to the “out of range” error.

thank you!

Dear @buva5871,
The NITO file has ISP tuning parameters correspond to camera module. So each camera module will have seperate NITO file.

The supported camera modules are at
DRIVE AGX Xavier Sensors & Accessories | NVIDIA Developer. Please let us know if the camera module is in the list.

Dear SivaRamaKrishnaNV,
thank you for pointing me to the Nito file. As i understand, the nito files has two parts camera_configuration and isp_configuration. It contains the gain configurations for the camera. which values inside the nito files might cause the camrangecheck.cpp to throw the parameter is out of range?

best regards,

Dear SivaRamaKrishnaNV,
i just want to know what is the root-cause which causes this error " parameter is out of range, Bad input parameter: Channel Gain" while running the nvsipl_camera application?
thank you

Dear @buva5871,
There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

the wbGain value from struct NVIDIA DRIVE OS Linux SDK API Reference: nvsipl::SiplControlEmbedInfo Struct Reference | NVIDIA Docs
seems to be out of range causing the issue.

If you are using any non natively supported camera, the support can not be provided via forum. Please confirm the camera module.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.