What does this RCE log error message mean?

Hi,
The camera I am using outputs the mipi signal in raw8 format, I use v4l2-ctl to acquire the image continuously, but after a few minutes of continuous correct acquisition, I always encounter an error.
This error can be avoided by raising the clocks of vi, isp, and csi to their maximum values.
I believe there is still a problem with the camera’s mipi signal which I am trying to improve.
I am using the debug version firmware of rtcpu and got the following log, please help me to analyze it. Thanks.

RCE log.txt (7.7 KB)

What’s the resolution?
Try modify the pix_clk_hz or serdes_pix_clk_hz to acquire more NVCSI/VI clocks bandwidth and also need to avoid the data output rate >=1.5Gbps

Skew calibration is required if sensor or deserializer is using DPHY, and the output data rate is > 1.5Gbps.
An initiation deskew signal should be sent by sensor or deserializer to perform the skew calibration. If the deskew signals is not sent, the receiver will stall, and the capture will time out.
You can calculate the output data rate with the following equation:

Output data rate = (sensor or deserializer pixel clock in hertz) * (bits per pixel) / (number of CSI lanes)

Hi,
For now, pix_clk_hz = 375Mhz,data output rate =1.5Gbps.
bits per pixel = 8 and (number of CSI lanes0=2.
I tried lowering the rate to 1.2G but had the same problem.
Is it possible to find the problem point of mipi signal in the log?

I would suggest boost the nvcsi/vi clocks as temp solution.

I am now using continuous clock mode to solve the problem temporarily.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.