What is the current state of support for (V,G..etc)-sync technologies on Linux?

I want to buy new computer. Currently I have very old Notebook with GeForce 9200M GS.
I have tearing in XFCE and in game CS 1.6 (under wine). So I want to avoid it. And I want to understand theory.
I know, that NVIDIA has v-sync and g-sync. What is the state of support for g-sync on linux?
Also, about v-sync. Currently in nvidia-settings I can set “Sync To VBlank”, but it doesn’t change anything in CS 1.6 and in XFCE.
Is it actually v-sync? And how to set fast v-sync mode?
And what is [nvidia-settings --assign CurrentMetaMode=“nvidia-auto-select +0+0 { ForceFullCompositionPipeline = On }”] ? It rules, i have no tearing in CS 1.6 and XFCE, but I have lags in the game. Is it v-sync? And will I have same lags on my new videocard? Can I avoid it?

G-Sync in general works, but games have to support it, i.e. use the specific nvidia opengl extension. Don’t know if this is implemented yet in Vulkan, don’t count on it. Use the search function, there are surely posts about this.
X11 is always unsynced, so all DEs like XFCE that are running on plain X will always exibit tearing (unless,s.b.).
Windows games using wine and vsync? Don’t know.
Native games that support vsync should support vsync. Some games have bugs, regardless of OS.
Vsync in general is expected to introduce input lag.
The ForceCompositionPipeline and ForceFullCompositionPipeline option afaik is best described as gpu simulated vsync at the expense of additional gpu load. Takes performance and might add some latency.