What is the current status of 64-bit CUDA on Mac OS X?

nvcc -m64 -o mycuda mycuda.cu

If you are using Makefiles derived from the SDK, I can’t help you. Those things are too complicated. :)

nvcc -m64 -o mycuda mycuda.cu

If you are using Makefiles derived from the SDK, I can’t help you. Those things are too complicated. :)

On my system (OS X 10.6.4), I also had to create a symlink from /usr/local/cuda/lib to /usr/local/cuda/lib64. nvcc seems to be unaware that the dylibs in /usr/local/cuda/lib contain both x86 and x86_64 code.

On my system (OS X 10.6.4), I also had to create a symlink from /usr/local/cuda/lib to /usr/local/cuda/lib64. nvcc seems to be unaware that the dylibs in /usr/local/cuda/lib contain both x86 and x86_64 code.

So does this mean that everything in the SDK 3.1 will run on 64-bit macs if I add the flag -m64 and add the symbolic link from /usr/local/cuda/lib to /usr/local/cuda/lib64 ?

So does this mean that everything in the SDK 3.1 will run on 64-bit macs if I add the flag -m64 and add the symbolic link from /usr/local/cuda/lib to /usr/local/cuda/lib64 ?

AFAIK yes, but I haven’t tried it personally.

AFAIK yes, but I haven’t tried it personally.

By the way, there does not seem to be a /usr/local/cuda/lib64 on the Mac.

MW

Dear all
does someone of you can describe the steps to make the cuda examples of the nvidia SDK work?

Bumblebee seems to work properly (test glxgears). CUDA doesn’t work for the moment. Here are my steps:
I installed cudatoolkit_4.0.17_linux_64_ubuntu10.10.run, cudatools_4.0.17_linux_64.run (with sudo command) and the installation seems ok. I included in my bashrc

export PATH=“/usr/local/cuda/bin:$PATH”
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=“/usr/local/cuda/lib64:/usr/lib/nvidia-current:/usr/lib64
/nvidia-current:/usr/local/cuda/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH”
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=“/usr/local/cuda/computeprof/bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH”

and resoruced. Typing make in the SDK I get at some point the following error
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcuda
the test is NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/simpleTextureDrv

Any idea how to solve the problem?

You’ll need the Mac version, not the Linux one. And the newest driver.