What type of image conversion does nvds_obj_enc_process perform?

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU): GeForce RTX 3090
• DeepStream Version: 5.1
• TensorRT Version: 7.2
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only): 470
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs): questions

I can’t find the source code for nvds_obj_encode.h, only the shared library associate with it. Is the source code for nvds_obj_encode.h open sourced?

I use nvds_obj_enc_process to crop detected objects and save them as jpeg images for further training of the models I use in my pipeline (I use the tao toolkits). I wonder if any internal image conversion done by nvds_obj_enc_process need to be taken into consideration during training and/or inference?

1 nvds_obj_enc_process is not opensource.
2 nvds_obj_enc_process will encode raw data to jpeg, please refer to nvds_obj_encode.h, after decoding these data can be used to train and inference again.

Hi @fanzh,

Thank you for the response, the nvds_obj_encode.h header file just mention “JPEG encode”, by “decoding” do you mean the jpeg files saved need to be pre-processing in some way to before they can be used for re-training in tao or can I just use the jpeg files directly?

model only accept raw data, jpeg is encoded data, so you need decode jpeg file to raw data, then feed raw data to model.
If there are any TAO questions, I suggest opening a new topic in the TAO forum.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.