When our linux users can use omniverse view

Hi,
I wrote this topic for help of nvidia omniverse on linux, I’ve read this blog “Omniverse Open Beta Now Available for Linux” and I installed omniverse-launcher on linux desktop, but when I try to install “omniverse view” from omniverse exchange,
there is only a windows version for omniverse view.

I registered my account in developer.nvidia.com and I downloaded the appImage: omniverse-launcher-linux.AppImage,

next when I want to install the extension named omniverse view, but I found there is no linux version.

Hi @guoyu07

We will make View available on Linux as some point in the future. Our first workflows with View did involve Windows, especially with some specific applications on that platform. With that said, we’ll be widening the reach of View and Linux support is in that future.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Brian

1 Like

Is there any schedule for linux version?

Hello @q199493422! The development team informed me that a Linux version of View is on the schedule for late this year. We have a version working on the development side, but there is still work that needs to be done before pushing it to the public. While I say late this year, that may change. I know they want to make this available to you all as soon as possible.

Hello Everyone! I have an update for you!

View 2022.2.0 is available on the Launcher and it has a Linux build. The only differences between Linux View and Windows View are:

• No CAD Converter in Linux (yet)
  • Only normal screenshots. Super resolution and 360 screenshots will be added when Ansel supports Linux.

@q199493422 @guoyu07

1 Like

Hi @WendyGram,
After installing View 2022.2.0 Best from launcher (Ubuntu 18.04), I clicked LAUNCH.
But it didn’t show anything.

I installed Omniverse 2022.2.0 View on an Ubuntu-based distro, but nothing happens when I click ‘Launch’. I have an RTX 3060 with proprietary drivers 510.85.02. How do I go about debugging this?

1 Like

Hi @WendyGram,
Can you help on this?
Thanks!