Where do I file a bug with nvCOMP Extensions?

I’ve found what I think are two bugs related to gdeflate part of the nvCOMP propietrary extensions. Where do I report them? The github for nvCOMP doesn’t seem like the right place for bugs in the proprietary extensions, and seems somewhat abandoned.

First, the most recent (as of 11/10/21) version of the nvCOMP extensions is missing files used by the nvCOMP to build code using gdeflate (namely gdeflateConfig.cmake).

Second, when I attempt to build bitcomp based code, I get the following compiler error:

/home/runderwood/git/contrib/nvcomp/src/lowlevel/BitcompBatch.cu(103): error: identifier "bitcompCreateBatchPlan" is undefined

/home/runderwood/git/contrib/nvcomp/src/lowlevel/BitcompBatch.cu(107): error: identifier "bitcompBatchCompressLossless" is undefined

/home/runderwood/git/contrib/nvcomp/src/lowlevel/BitcompBatch.cu(158): error: identifier "bitcompCreateBatchPlanFromCompressedData" is undefined

/home/runderwood/git/contrib/nvcomp/src/lowlevel/BitcompBatch.cu(164): error: identifier "bitcompBatchUncompressCheck" is undefined

/home/runderwood/git/contrib/nvcomp/src/lowlevel/BitcompBatch.cu(173): error: identifier "bitcompBatchGetUncompressedSizesAsync" is undefined

/home/runderwood/git/contrib/nvcomp/src/lowlevel/BitcompBatch.cu(197): error: identifier "bitcompBatchGetUncompressedSizesAsync" is undefined

6 errors detected in the compilation of "/home/runderwood/git/contrib/nvcomp/src/lowlevel/BitcompBatch.cu".
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Can you please file an issue here?

Can you tell me what nvCOMP version was on the binaries you downloaded?

Can you try redownloading binaries?

@mnicely Sorry for not replying sooner. I only got notified about the response last night. I downloaded the newest file this morning, and it now sees to work! I’ll test this next week and see if I run into any other issues.

While I have your attention could someone on the NVComp team look at this PR: fix cmake export for 3rd party importers on linux/unix by robertu94 · Pull Request #45 · NVIDIA/nvcomp · GitHub? This fixes an issue that makes it hard to use NVComp for a spack package (as well as other packaging systems I would imagine). Unlike the issue reported in this thread, I can use my patched version until someone gets around to looking at it.

Thanks for letting me know. We will check it out!