Where is source_sync.sh?

TFM states for getting the kernel source from git:

• Get the kernel source by running the source_sync.sh script:
$ ./source_sync.sh

But it doesn’t say where to run this command (it’s not in path on Nano or the host with JetPack installed). I also used find to no avail. It would be helpful if a hyperlink to where this is defined could be added to the documentation. I can’t seem to find it, but I may be missing something or doing something silly.

Edit: I finally did locate it after re-installing everything with the SDK manager in <b>$HOME/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2_Linux_P3448/Linux_for_Tegra</b> which was the default installation path for the sdk. Somehow it didn’t get installed there the first time I ran it. Some other folders like documentation were there in $HOME/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2_Linux but $HOME/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2_Linux_P3448 didn’t exist at all. Somehow the previuos install must have failed, but it reported success so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

Hello, @mdegans

related to this thread.
Can you tell me how to solve this problem?
:)

Thank you.

@forumuser

I ended up finding source_sync.sh in the board support package (Linux_for_Tegra folder) (download in “L4t Driver Package”), but since the above post, I’ve also found it easier to just get the kernel source from the “L4T Driver Package (BSP) Sources” (on the same page as above). Inside that tarball is a kernel_src.tbz2 that has what you need. If you’re making your own system image, you’ll need both and the rootfs as well (same page again).

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you.
😊

I have the same issue.
I can’t find ./source_sync.sh.
I also can’t find $HOME/nvidia/nvidia_sdk
Any ideas?

Did you ever try sdkmanager or L4T driver package to install your board before?

$HOME/nvidia/nvidia_sdk is created by the sdkm.