Where is the link between the config file(s) and the source code in the examples

• Hardware Platform : Jetson Nano
• DeepStream Version: 5.1
• JetPack Version: 4.5.1
• TensorRT Version: 7.1.3-1+cuda10.2
• Issue Type: questions
• How to reproduce the issue: Not necessary

I am working on understanding the deepstream examples on the Jetson Nano (under /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.1/sources/apps/sample-apps) especially deepstream-app and deepstream-test1.

Deepstream-test1 uses a config file that is read by the program, but I can’t figure it out where the config file is read and where it got the information about the of the config file.

Deepstream-app at least has a parser and you have to give the config file a as argv[1], although I can’t find the place where exactly it is read and the parameters used.

Maybe somebody can elaborate on this?

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Do you mean nvinfer config file? you can read the gst-nvinfer source code for how to parse the config file

1 Like

I made an edit to the original question

For deepstream-test1 the file I am talking about is /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.1/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-test1/dstest1_pgie_config.txt.

To answer my own question:
The line in deepstream-test1 that sets the config file is the following. And it was missed by me, because I was looking for the GstNvInfer object.

g_object_set (G_OBJECT (pgie),
      "config-file-path", "dstest1_pgie_config.txt", NULL);

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.