Where is the UEFI boot order information stored?

I have one Xavier NX custom board.
I changed the boot order to eMMC in the UEFI menu, but the boot order is not saved and returns to default state.
Where is the UEFI boot order information stored?

Hi larche,

What’s your Jetpack version in use?

Are you changing boot order in the following path:
Esc → Boot Maintenance Manager → Boot Options → Change Boot Order → Commit Changes and Exit

Could you also try to reproduce with the same steps in the devkit?

I use JetPack 5.0.2 and changed the Boot Order as below.
(Esc → Boot Maintenance Manager → Boot Options → Change Boot Order → Commit Changes and Exit)

My custom board doesn’t have U17 (EEPROM: AT24C02D-MAHM-T) on the P3509 board. Could this be related?

Boot order is not stored in EEPROM, it would not relate to this difference of carrier board.

I’ve found a similar topic about boot order issue in UEFI.
Jetpack 5.0.2 boot option how to save - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Xavier NX - NVIDIA Developer Forums
Currently, please reorder the boot options and bring the undesired boot options down in the order.

Hello
The boot sequence settings through the UEFI menu are maintained even after a Soft Reboot. However, in Cold Reboot, the boot sequence settings are initialized.
Is there any hardware that can affect the boot order?

I solved it.
The cause was that PCIE Ethernet was added to the existing Boot Order information because the custom board had PCIE Ethernet.
(This is because the MAC address changes randomly, so even if the Boot Order information is saved, it is recognized as a new device.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.