Wherther the unused interface IO can be used as the GPIO?

Can I use the unused interface io(for example spi ,i2c) as the GPIO to control some low frequence signals? If it does, how to acomplish it ?

hello user30974,

please check pinmux spreadsheets for the default pin configuration; you may also refer to Topic 144550, for several ways to access GPIOs. such as, kernel APIs, python scripts, C++ samples.

As you can see from the “Jetson_TX2_NX_pinmux_config_0621” excel,whether it means user can use the pin whose “Customer Usage” show “GPIO” word as the GPIO. Specially,whether the pin direction can be assigned to both input and output?or it must be input or output?

hello user30974,

those mark as orange color columns were filled by customers.
please modify the spreadsheets with your board design.

hello Jerry,
whether it means that I filled the spreadsheets with my board design and then feedback the spreadsheets for you to check?

hello user30974,

If your board schematic differs from that for Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit board, you must change the pinmux configuration applied by the software.

Hi Jerry,
Thanks for reply.Now my board schematic needs some more GPIO for controlling. At the same time the NX module remains some unused interface signals,for example I2S0 and SPI1.However I make not sure whether these pins can be used as GPIO and whether these GPIO pins can be used as both input and output pin.I want to know where the pin mux excel indicate the interface signals can be used as GPIO, and I want to make sure my shematic board design is right in pin assignment.

hello user30974,

those pin were able to configure as GPIO.
you may toggle the settings in the pinmux spreadsheet, it will also report failure if you have error pin configuration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.