Whether non-volatile storage space similar to EEPROM exists in jetson nano

Hello,

I want to set a minimum partition to store our information on the jetson nano.
Jetson nano has an eeprom, but I know it’s quite small.

Is there any space on the jetson nano to store the information regardless of the os being deleted, like eeprom?

Thank you.

Hello, @mdegans, @Andrey1984

Can mtd be added in addition to the mtd currently mounted as the root file system?

I want to set a minimum partition to store our information on the jetson nano.
Jetson nano has an eeprom, but I know it’s quite small.
Is there any space on the jetson nano to store the information regardless of the os being deleted, like eeprom?

I remember there is a script created by @mdegans for emmc partitioning, can you tell me the location?

Regarding what @JerryChang said below, is it possible to make some of emmc’s partitions only for our products?
I want to know how to make it.

Thank you.

there are dozens of partitions in addition to the OS APP partition, they are for system usage though

1 Like

Hello,

I want to make emmc with two partitions, one for os the other on for data,
is it possible to add partition to emmc?

Thank you.

such option is not supported by default OS
However, if you write it in apropriate way into the code it might work
why not use separate storage , e.g. microsd card or ssd drive as data disk?

1 Like

Hello,

We are producing and selling products using production modules, but we are producing products without a separate storage.
So we are trying to create a separate partition in emmc.

Thank you.

May be more knowleageable folks will add but it would require to use custom flashing.
as the default jetpack flashing would every time wipe the custom implementation.
So it it up to the end user custom implementation.
However, may be more knowledgeable folks will add on this. I did not have to work with the production module.

1 Like

Hello,

Are you saying that if you want to partition the emmc you can’t use the default flashing script provided by jetpack and you have to create a custom flashing script?

Thank you.

my guess is that if you manage to reduce size of the APP partition
it might be possible that you could create an extra partition from the released capacity
are you able to reduce the APP size and get it still working?
if so - just create a new partition from the released space.
However, if I were you I would consier cloud user profile or somehing that could load or mount data from the cloud after user authentication
Moreover user data delivery through private registry of docker containers could be also convinient

Hello,

If you want to add extra partition,

Just follow the APP entry’s structure to add new one.
Please don’t add new partition in the boot device, in your case, don’t add it in the spi.
And you must allocate the right partition size to make sure it will not exceed the SDCard size.

1 Like

Hello,

I am using the emmc module.
Can you show me an example that follows the structure of the APP item?

Thank you.

Please check this file. This is where the partition table exists.

Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t210ref/cfg/flash_l4t_t210_emmc_p3448.xml

1 Like

Hello, @WayneWWW @Andrey1984

Is there anything that inputs the mtd partition as an argument through the boot loader as follows?

Blockquote
bootargs=mem=256M console=ttyAMA0,115200 clk_ignore_unused root=/dev/mtdblock9 rootfstype=yaffs2 rw mtdparts=hinand:1M(uboot),512k(env),512k(syft),512k(bootmode),512k(rcflag),5M(ki),11M(ir),1M(ci),5M(bki),-(rootfs)

Thank you.