While flashing extlinux.conf file is missing

while i am flashing agx xavier using linux 35.1linux sample rootfs it is saying extlinux.conf file is missing.

can anyone helpme on this.

hello kathiravan,

may I know how you setup your flashing environment,
could you please download JetPack 5.0.2 for confirmation.
thanks

i am using virutual machine and downloaded jetson 35.1 linux driver bsp package and sample rootfs .

./flash.sh jetson_agx_xavier_devkit mmcblk0p1

while installing basic software in recovery mode extlinux.conf file is missing error is coming.

now device is not booting in normal mode also.

please letme know if any further information required.

hi jerrychang,
i am unable to find the archive download link .can you please share the tar ball link here please.

The above is actually incorrect. The underscore “_” should be a hyphen “-”. Example:
./flash.sh jetson-agx-xavier-devkit mmcblk0p1

Did you actually use the underscore in the name, or the hyphen?

FYI, if you installed with JetPack/SDK Manager, then all of the content should be set up correctly. If you manually installed the driver package and sample rootfs, then you also have to run “./apply_binaries.sh” once before flashing (this is only done once).

This is actually the TX2 forum, so it is a bit misleading. If this were a TX2, then the 35.1 release is not valid, but it should work well on any Xavier.

moving this to AGX Xavier.

hello kathiravan,

you should assign correct board naming to the flash script.
it actually looking for the board configuration file, which contain pinmux config, dtb overlays…etc.
for example, $ sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-xavier-devkit mmcblk0p1
it’ll use jetson-agx-xavier-devkit.conf to flash your target.

As mentioned here, before flashing, you need to run sudo ./apply_binaries.sh, that will create the missing extlinux.conf file.

hi ,i have downloaded and jetson 35.1 bsp and rootfs in appropriate path but while doing
./apply_binaries.sh
getting error of need to extra rootfs but i already extracted the same .

can you help me on this.

thanks.

you need have “rootfs” directory in the same place where you have the “apply_binaries.sh”, and extract rootfs tarball into that rootfs directory.

hi ,
i have successfully extracted rootfs in rootmode and installed l4t and binutils.

and started flash.sh.
now its saying less rootfs space can you please help me on this.

log stucked at.
converting raw image into sparse image.write failed.
thanks

How much disk space does your host PC have from the location you flash at? After you cd to the “Linux_for_Tegra/” location, what do you see from:
df -H -T .
(the “.” is important)

FYI, the entire rootfs partition is created as “Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/system.img.raw” (a “raw” partition). If your partition is 28 GB on the Jetson, then it is 28 GB on the host PC. After that, in order to save flash time, a “sparse” image is created, which becomes “Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/system.img”. This is about the same size as the actual content, and so if the rootfs content is 3 GB, then the sparse file will be about 3 GB on top of the raw 28 GB file. As the partition fills the sparse size approaches the raw size. I think people underestimate how much free disk space is needed at times.

VM as the host is not officially supported. Your mileage may vary.

hi ,
i have successfully increased the volume and it got worked but now its showing

none of the bootloader is not running flashing failed .

can you please help me on this.

This part might be if using a VM:

If not a VM, then you might try flashing on command line and saving a log. Assuming this is an AGX Xavier dev kit, and assuming “lsusb -d 0955:7019” shows the AGX is present in recovery mode, you would then flash like this to get a log:
sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1 2>&1 | tee log_flash.txt

Then post the log. The above of course requires the “rootfs/” subdirectory to exist, and that the “sudo apply_binaries.sh” step has run exactly once. I think though that the bootloader not running is something which would not have reached the stage of needing the rootfs, and thus the log is important.

hey thanks, now i am able to flash the default software

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.