Why did the drivers of imx185 and imx219 in different path?

Hi all,
I am confused about the driver of imx219, I found it in path of ‘Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t19x/jakku/kernel-dts/common’, but the the driver of imx185 is in path of ‘Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t19x/galen/kernel-dts/common’. If I want to develop a driver for a new sensor which folder should I choose to put the dtsi file?

Plus: how did these dtsi files in different folders compiled into dtb file and loaded by the kernel?
Any advices are welcome, thanks in advance.

It’s for different reference board.
The jakku is NX board name galen is Xavier AGX.
Have a check the programing guide for driver implementation.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/camera_sensor_prog.html#

1 Like

Get it, I think I should put sensor’s dtsi file in jakku folder if my target board is Jetson NX platform.

By the way, I only see the board-id selection in “jetson-disk-image-creator.sh”. Does that means whenever I run the make commands to cross-compile the source code, both jakku and galen will be compiled into dtb file. Then when I choose the specific board types to generate the image file, only the jakku’s dtb file will be used?

Yes, you can check which dtb for the system by “dmesg | grep -i kernel”

1 Like