Why is nvtracker using NvDsObjectMeta's rect_params rather than detector_bbox_info?

If I don’t populate my objects’s rect_params the tracker (nvdcf) doesn’t track the objects. I would’ve assumed it should use detector_bbox_info?

I don’t want to display a bounding boxes for this type of object in the OSD. Even if I set border to 0 it still displays a label for the object. I think my only option is to remove the object before the OSD.

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
2070 Super

• DeepStream Version

• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
N/A

• TensorRT Version

• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)

• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
Bugs

• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)

1. Create own object to be tracked before tracker:
NvDsObjectMeta* objectMeta = nvds_acquire_obj_meta_from_pool(batchMeta);
NvBbox_Coords& box = objectMeta->detector_bbox_info.org_bbox_coords;
box.left = 100.0f;
box.top = 100.0f;
box.width = 200.0f;
box.height = 200.0f;

// Unless you fill in NvOSD_RectParams tracker will not track the object
// However this will cause the object to be rendered on the OSD
NvOSD_RectParams& rectParams = objectMeta->rect_params;
rectParams.left = 100.0f;
rectParams.top = 100.0f;
rectParams.width = 200.0f;
rectParams.height = 200.0f;
nvds_add_obj_meta_to_frame(frameMeta, objectMeta, NULL);
  1. Run nvtracker
  2. Parse result:
    If NvOSD_RectParams is NOT filled in object_id will be 0, if NvOSD_RectParams is filled in the object will get an ID.

• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)
nvtracker

Yes. tracker will use rect_params. detector_bbox_info need reserved unchanged for other following plugin to use.