Why Nvidia don't offer opencv with cuda by default?

Hello,

Why Nvidia don’t offer opencv with cuda by default?

Thank you.

That’s optional for customer to choice different opencv versions for their reuirement, they can build it by their own.

1 Like

Hello,

OpenCV: Provides OpenCV that NVIDIA optimized specifically for the Jetson platform. It contains Jetson-specific optimizations that enable it to run faster than the OpenCV implementation.

If the user builds opencv himself, will the part that nvidia modified to run faster on jetson will not be usable?

How can I use opencv built with cuda with nvidia modified to run faster on jetson?

Thank you.

Hi,
Please check explanation in
Trying to get OpenCV (built with CUDA) working with FFMPEG - #6 by DaneLLL

You can manually enable CUDA filters and build the package. Please try the script:
GitHub - mdegans/nano_build_opencv: Build OpenCV on Nvidia Jetson Nano

1 Like

Hello,

OpenCV: Provides OpenCV that NVIDIA optimized specifically for the Jetson platform. It contains Jetson-specific optimizations that enable it to run faster than the OpenCV implementation.

Can you explain some of the jetson specific optimizations here?
Or is there any documentation that explains it?

Thank you.

Hi,
We enable gstreamer support in the OpenCV package. So you can run gstreamer pipeline in cv2.VideoCapture() directly. Except this, there’s no other specific optimization.

1 Like

Hello,

Can’t I use the gstreamer pipeline if I build my own?

Thank you.

Hi, for building OpenCV from source would need to to enable this:

-D WITH_GSTREAMER=ON

The script has it already.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.