Why won't the Jetson TX2 turn on when I press the power button

Hello,

We’ve been having issues with our Jetson TX2 Developer Kit in regards to the CR2 Power LED not turning on. With a power source (either battery or power cable), the CR5 red LED turns on indicating that the Jetson is powered, but the CR2 remains off after pressing the S4 power switch. Additional testing with a multimeter shows that the CR2 LED is operating fine, therefore we concluded an issue with the power rails, VDD_1V8 or VDD_3V3_SYS, disconnecting to CR2. This was concluded after looking at page 33 of the file showing Jetson’s schematic. We’re using a multimeter to complete testing procedures, and would like any suggestions on debugging the Jetson to pinpoint the CR2 issue?

P2597_B04_OrCAD_schematics.pdf (1.2 MB)

Is your issue only about the LED not lighting up or the whole device not functioning?

The whole device not functioning when we plug in the Jetson and press the power button. We wanted to see if anyone knew a way we would test the Jetson to find the reason the S4 power switch isn’t functioning.

Did you probe the VDD_3V3_SYS_PG and 1V8_IO_PG (RESET_OUT_L) ?Is it possible to do cross-check with another devkit ?

Where would I probe VDD_3V3_SYS_PG and 1V8_IO_PG (RESET_OUT_L) on the Jetson ? I wasn’t able to specific location in the schematic.

You can find a PCB assembly drawing file in the package and then can get the location of each component.

Jetson TX1-TX2 Developer Kit Carrier Board C02 Design Files

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.