WiFi module PCI-e Ath9k issue

Hi,

I have some issues to make a WiFi module based on Ath9k chipset work. The WiFi module is this one. It is based on Ath9k in which I’ve followed the following link to install the firmware and executing this command ```
sudo apt install firmware-ath9k-htc
sudo reboot

I have the image version 4.9.201. And when getting the card information this is the output:

*-network
description: Wireless interface
product: AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express)
vendor: Qualcomm Atheros
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
logical name: wlan0
version: 01
serial: b4:74:9f:b4:7e:96
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ath9k driverversion=4.9.201-tegra firmware=N/A latency=0 link=no multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
resources: irq:84 memory:13000000-1300ffff

Do you know how to solve this issue? How can I make this WiFi module work?

Share the dmesg, ifconfig and lspci -vv result.

Similar case that might help.

output.odt (47.4 KB)

Hi there, I still have problems to make the Wifi card work in a Jetson Nano development kit. Even after installing the firmware, still the card cannot detect networks. Find enclosed some outputs. Could you recommend a procedure to make it work (ideally, without kernel compilation). I’ve seen using modprobe, it detects the ath9 files

cttc@cttc-desktop:/etc/apt$ sudo modprobe -v ath9k
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.201-tegra/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.201-tegra/kernel/net/mac80211/mac80211.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.201-tegra/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.201-tegra/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_hw.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.201-tegra/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_common.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.201-tegra/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.ko

Any clue?
ath9k.odt (35.8 KB)

Sorry that this looks like specific to the driver. Maybe you should check if the vendor provides any debug tips for that.

Also, I checked the DMA error over the Internet, not sure if this can help or not.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=230745

thanks for the advice. the link solution says to add this line
intel_iommu=off, however, I don’t know where/how to add it. The content of the ath9k_htc.conf contains options ath9k_htc use_dev_fw=1. Does it mean the firmware is correct? I’ll try to contact the card provider too.

The comment says to add it to your kernel parameters. Which means the kernel cmdline in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf.

I cannot find extlinux inside root. Which is the equivalent folder for Jetson Nano?

Sorry, a typo. Should be boot not root.

It worked, at least shows some results when executing nmcli dev wifi list. However, it is weird how it only displays empty SSID networks. Am I executing the wrong command?

As I said we don’t verify such wifi card. Thus, I also don’t know what error that is. This sounds like vendor driver specific bug. Check your syslog and dmesg to see if any error. Check if someone else hits similar error log before.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.