Win7 x64 with Tesla C1060 + Quadro FX 380

Hi,

We’re shipping systems running Windows 7 x64 with Tesla C1060 + Quadro FX 380 cards. The driver we’re using for the Tesla is 197.03 for Windows 2008 R2 64-bit as our application needs to use the GPU in session 0. However, when we install both drivers silently, Windows 7 wouldn’t pick up any of the drivers and would use vgasave.

I’ve tried modifying INF file in Quadro driver and removed all hardware IDs for the Tesla card but result the same. However, if i do a manual installation using the INF file in device manager, everything seems to work. Tesla would pick up 197.03 and Quadro would pick up 197.90.

Is there a way to install the drivers from command line?

Also, anyone if there’s a Tesla driver for XP that would work in RDP?

Thanks!

Has anyone used nvudisp.exe to install a driver for a specified hardware id? I tried it but couldn’t get it to work. :(

Hello Mocsharp,

Yes you can install drivers from the command line in Windows 7 with Driver Servicing Command-Line Options.

Please cut and paste the link below in to your web browser for further information:

[url=“Driver Servicing Command-Line Options | Microsoft Docs”]Microsoft Docs - Developer tools, technical documentation and coding examples

Esther
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro

Hello Mocsharp,

Yes you can install drivers from the command line in Windows 7 with Driver Servicing Command-Line Options.

Please cut and paste the link below in to your web browser for further information:

[url=“Driver Servicing Command-Line Options | Microsoft Docs”]Microsoft Docs - Developer tools, technical documentation and coding examples

Esther
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro