Windows 10 install problem - missing file - can't load VS .sln examples

Hi there,

Here are some details regarding my system setup:

GPU: GeForce GTX 1050
Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition with ‘Desktop Development with C++’ workload installed

I did a standard install of the CUDA Toolkit today, and it appears to have been installed, based on the fact that when I type

nvcc -V

on the command line, it outputs

nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2018 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Sat_Aug_25_21:08:04_Central_Daylight_Time_2018
Cuda compilation tools, release 10.0, V10.0.130

My problem is when I try to open the example code provided in the toolkit. I can navigate to

C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v10.0 and find the VS .soln files for the example code, but when I try to open them in VS, I get the following error:

C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v10.0\1_Utilities\deviceQuery\deviceQuery_vs2017.vcxproj : error : Unable to read the project file “deviceQuery_vs2017.vcxproj”.
C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v10.0\1_Utilities\deviceQuery\deviceQuery_vs2017.vcxproj(37,5): The imported project “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 10.0.props” was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

When I navigate to the ‘BuildCustomizations’ directory listed in the error message, that directory exists, along with a number of .props files, but the CUDA 10.0.props file does not exist.

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this installation? I used all of the default settings when installing the CUDA Toolkit.

Latest update:

I uninstalled and re-installed the CUDA Toolkit, and that seemed to partially fix the installation. The CUDA 10.0.props file is now where it should be. The sample code was dependent on an older windows SDK version, so I re-targeted the solution to my current windows SDK. However, now I am getting another error when I try to build because the cuda_runtime.h header file doesn’t exist. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks.