I am new to Android, I’m facing on a crazy problem. The question, or rather the problem, is quite simple.
Yet, I cannot find any solution to my issue.
The problem: As soon as I enable ADB on my phone, and plug it into my Windows 8.1 laptop, I get a Blue Screen of Death.
What I tried to alleviate the problem:
- Tried to install “ADB drivers” that I found.
- Tried to install Android Studio + SDK, hoping that would replace drivers.
- Tried using “windbg”, but the crash and reboot is so quick, there is no proper dump. Windows do save a dump, but “ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE”.
- Asus G750JZ laptop [ Windows 8.1 Pro ]
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro [ Android 8.0 ]
- Huawei’s USB-C cable
I did read online that using a USB2.0 port might help in some cases. But, my laptop has none.
Do have an old ThinkPad around, but it has no storage. To always rebuild that laptop, just so I can issue a simple ADB command or two, seems excessive.
Thanks & Regards