Nsight Tegra have been supporting wireless debugging for a long time already. Can you explain how did you set it up on your machine and what went wrong/didn’t match your expectations? Nsight Tegra also doesn’t use an ADB instance directly, running a new ADB process for each new command instead. We use adb.exe from the Android SDK specified in options.
Basically I just installed the latest TADP package and enabled the developer mode on my M.O.J.O.
Issuing adb commands using adb.exe AFTER connecting to the M.O.J.O. via “adb connect ” works fine and the device is successfully listed when calling “adb devices”, however whenever I start up Visual Studio, the device is not listed in the Tegra->Device->Select menu.
My suggestion would be that the plugin can’t find the device as I have to manually establish the connection via “adb connect” first?
I also tried to manually connect to the M.O.J.O via the commandline while Visual Studio is running but that just ends up in a “killing adb server - adb server out of date” loop.
The “adb server out of date” message could mean that there are several incompatible versions of adb on your PC. While Nsight Tegra uses the one from TADP’s Android SDK, there might be other ones used by other tools, like HTC Sync. Nsight Tegra connects to an adb server via sockets to track devices and such conflicting instances might prevent it from detecting your device correctly. Please make sure that you don’t have any adb-using apps running at the same time as you work with Nsight Tegra.
You could also send me the logs from %AppData%\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Tegra\Logs, they might shed some light on the issue. See my email in a PM I’ve just sent you.