Won't build on linux? video codec sdk 11.1.5

Video_Codec_SDK_11.1.5/Samples/Utils/../Utils/NvCodecUtils.h:125:24: note: in definition of macro ‘ck’
 #define ck(call) check(call, __LINE__, __FILE__)
                        ^~~~
AppEncode/AppEncDec/CMakeFiles/AppEncDec.dir/build.make:69: recipe for target 'AppEncode/AppEncDec/CMakeFiles/AppEncDec.dir/AppEncDec.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [AppEncode/AppEncDec/CMakeFiles/AppEncDec.dir/AppEncDec.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:195: recipe for target 'AppEncode/AppEncDec/CMakeFiles/AppEncDec.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [AppEncode/AppEncDec/CMakeFiles/AppEncDec.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

any ideas?

Hi Andrey, can you share a bit more of your build log? Usually with such a “note” the actual error causing the compilation to fail would be in the line above that.

Thanks!

@MarkusHoHo
Thank you for following up!
Maybe you could share steps to install the sdk on ubuntu 18.04 from scratch? The steps that are confirmed to work on stock OS ubuntu? With CUDA 11+?
In my case I tried first building accelerated ffmpeg from sources then applied instruction steps. As you can see it did not work. It is only tail attached, but it was all like repeated excerpt in the tail multiple times with slight differences
Were you able to build 11.1.5 sdk on Ubuntu? Could you confirm?

I have not used the Video SDK myself yet, so I cannot answer your questions right away.

The reason I am asking for more log output is that the signature you shared

only describes that there is a macro expansion in that line, it does not show the error or warning itself. That would be found in the log lines directly above this one.
Can you share that maybe?

The most likely explanation for an error like this is a mishap in setting up the system requirements. Please make sure you follow the instructions in the README very closely.

Following those instructions it should build without issues on stock Ubuntu with latest drivers and CUDA installed.